Candy recall

I used to really like WGL. Then, several years ago they reduced prices saying it was "good for shoppers, because there will be more work available." Anyone remember that? Lately, I have not been interested in their jobs--car transport, confidential document delivery and "no contact photos" which all sound a bit shady. Now they are recruiting for candy recall at 17/location. On the surface that might sound okay. However, the other company doing the same recall is paying 20/location PLUS mileage, tolls, parking and even the needed trash bags. AND the other company Fed Ex's money upfront because the required purchases can be more than $100 in some locations. We are all obviously free to accept or not accept whatever jobs we want. I am just putting it out there that WGL is obviously making a LOT of money on this project and not passing it on to us. And, if you take the shops be sure that you can cover the needed expenses.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

That's interesting. I had no idea that another company was doing these! I wonder if they're regionally divided up, because in my area/town(s), all the gas store locations have been up for grabs, as far as I can tell. I've been real busy with these, and DO appreciate the up-front monies and gas mileage that the other company provides.
Since the candy's name isn't mentions, hence, client, can you please name the MSCs? Especially WGL?, is it WeGoLook?
In my area, they are still done by the original company according to the instructions, but they are subcontracting it out essentially to WeGoLook to cut costs. There are no locations available in my area on the original app.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2022 02:27AM by mjt9598.
The other company is RQA. This isn't mystery shopping, it's candy recall, so I don't believe there is any issue mentioning any aspect of this.
RQA has been my BFF these last few weeks! I've pretty much covered the 15 mile radius for candy. Man, that stuff stinks when you have a carload of it. Yuk.

sestrahelena
I love WGL and do a number of assignments for them. I like the fact that they pay weekly. I know they have a big candy recall. What is the issue?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Customers have reported thin strands of metal in the candy.
@HonnyBrown wrote:

I love WGL and do a number of assignments for them. I like the fact that they pay weekly. I know they have a big candy recall. What is the issue?
I signed up yesterday with WGL just to see if any of the candy recalls are in my area. Nope. The closest one available was 60 miles away....for $17??? No gas??? No advance to cover the costs???? Nope, not when I've had stores with product from $60++ to over $100++ that I had to buy. So I guess it is just regional as far as the locations WGL are doing for the candy recall. I'll stick to RQA for that assignment. In three weeks, I'll have made $1140.00 @ $20/location (57 locations) - (better for me than the $20/hr, since many locations in and out in 10-15 min), PLUS gas reimbursement at $0.30/mile, with NO out of pocket on my part!! Can't beat it!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2022 08:20PM by guysmom.
Yes! Choose the per-store pay, not the hourly. Once you're familiar with what you're looking for, you can knock them out quickly.

sestrahelena
[www.rqa-inc.com]

I'll give you the first step but it's been so long I really don't know where the sign-up page is. You can do some investigating. Once upon a time I believe it was a division of, or had some association with, a mystery shopping company called Corporate Research International. Back when blue gas stations were shopped but not revealed. Then there were changes and buyouts and it morphed into RQA.

Someone here must have more accurate history than I do. Probably everybody!

sestrahelena
@sestrahelena wrote:

Yes! Choose the per-store pay, not the hourly. Once you're familiar with what you're looking for, you can knock them out quickly.

Can you give an estimate on how long each store takes? I have a couple of other things scheduled tomorrow, but also have 7 recall shops. Also, it says manager's signature...will the employee on duty work ok? Thanks so much.
Any employee on duty, whoever is in charge (or in smaller stores, the only person on duty) will work. These a very quick for smaller stores, still pretty quick for larger stores since most convenience stores in my area at least don't have any back stock and it doesn't take long to check the shelves.
The gas/convenience stores I have take an average of 10-20 minutes. The person who signs isn't always a manager, depends who is on duty. As long as someone signs and you can record their name at the beginning. I always say something like, "When I'm all done with this, you'll have to sign my app, so can I please have your name?" And I've always gotten it, before I start, as required in the app. I use the 3 colored pages of product to search my stores, and not the long printed list. The colored pages is much easier, imho.

Also, when they find out you're actually going to BUY the product, which provides the store with a retail PROFIT, they are usually very happy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2022 01:22AM by guysmom.
@sestrahelena wrote:

[www.rqa-inc.com]

I'll give you the first step but it's been so long I really don't know where the sign-up page is. You can do some investigating. Once upon a time I believe it was a division of, or had some association with, a mystery shopping company called Corporate Research International. Back when blue gas stations were shopped but not revealed. Then there were changes and buyouts and it morphed into RQA.

Someone here must have more accurate history than I do. Probably everybody!

I think they also sold off a portion to Stericycle. I was signed up with RQA in the past - then they sent out new ID badges and such under stericylce. I rarely get emails from them except for alcohol related recalls and they are gone whenever I actually go into check. RQA used to also do some product testing/taste tests and focus groups.
The WGL recalls look like they are in locations that are hard to fill for RQA. The closest one to me is over 60 miles away.

@guysmom wrote:

I signed up yesterday with WGL just to see if any of the candy recalls are in my area. Nope. The closest one available was 60 miles away....for $17??? No gas??? No advance to cover the costs???? Nope, not when I've had stores with product from $60++ to over $100++ that I had to buy. So I guess it is just regional as far as the locations WGL are doing for the candy recall. I'll stick to RQA for that assignment. In three weeks, I'll have made $1140.00 @ $20/location (57 locations) - (better for me than the $20/hr, since many locations in and out in 10-15 min), PLUS gas reimbursement at $0.30/mile, with NO out of pocket on my part!! Can't beat it!!

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

The WGL recalls look like they are in locations that are hard to fill for RQA. The closest one to me is over 60 miles away.
Me, too, Honny! The ONE WGL gummies recall location that showed up was just about 60 miles away from me! No thank you.
WGL sometimes has medical device recalls. They are closer to home. The candy recalls must be a special case because the locations are over 100 miles away.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I Googled 'Candy Recall,' and I found about a dozen different things that are being recalled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login