Schedulers...

Shoppers... Have you ever wrote or come across the word "lol" in your reports? Why on earth would anyone think the addition of lol would make for a good report. No bashing intended but I find it quite humorous. I edited 10 reports from a Shopper today who used "(lol)" throughout the write up..

"lol"

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I can't say that I have. Maybe a "smiling smiley" once and a while though.




smiling smiley

Happily shopping Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts and Connecticut
I'm laughing now that I am done work but it was a pain in the ass earlier today. The things she wrote lol about or beside weren't even funny at all.

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
She's using the lol like a nervous woman uses a giggle or a laugh. It's a cover up for insecurity.

Mary Davis Nowell. Based close to Fort Worth. Shopping Interstate 20 east and west, Interstate 35 north and south.
I wish I could write WTF or even #@&*! I really do....

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
So spell it out What the bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Shopping Western NY, Northeast and Central PA, and parts of Ohio and West Virginia. Have car will travel anywhere if the monies right.
Many text addicts cannot distinguish the difference between proper writing and texting language. I'll bet other editors have similar stories to tell.
KathyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many text addicts cannot distinguish the
> difference between proper writing and texting
> language. I'll bet other editors have similar
> stories to tell.

So do teachers. winking smiley
This is a JOKE



I explicitly told people to use only the following for all reports to end every sentence with:

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out,thumbs up,thumbs down,smileys with beer,the finger smiley,smiling bouncing smiley,eye rolling smiley,drinking smiley,eye popping smiley,smoking smiley,sad smiley,smiling smiley,moody smiley,grinning smiley,tongue sticking out smiley,confused smiley,angry smiley,yawning smiley,winking smiley,cool smiley
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out,thumbs down,thumbs up,smileys with beer,the finger smiley,smiling bouncing smiley,eye rolling smiley,drinking smiley,eye popping smiley,smoking smiley,sad smiley,smiling smiley,moody smiley,grinning smiley,tongue sticking out smiley,confused smiley,angry smiley,yawning smiley,winking smiley,cool smiley
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out,thumbs up,thumbs down,smileys with beer,the finger smiley,smiling bouncing smiley,eye rolling smiley,drinking smiley,eye popping smiley,smoking smiley,sad smiley,smiling smiley,moody smiley,grinning smiley,tongue sticking out smiley,confused smiley,angry smiley,yawning smiley,winking smiley,cool smiley



How hard is that?

You will get a 1/10 score and be #1 promise you.

If you want a -1, you can use this for the receipt instead:


Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 09:11AM by scanman1.
Bump, now that I finished creating my most outlandish and possibly the most disturbing post on this forum.

I will not make posts like this on any normal basis for those that are worried. This thread was ripe for it though.
scanman1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a JOKE
>
>
> I explicitly told people to use only the following
> for all reports to end every sentence with:
>
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue out,thumbs up,thumbs down,smileys with beer,the finger smiley,smiling bouncing smiley,eye rolling smiley,drinking smiley,eye popping smiley,smoking smiley,sad smiley,smiling smiley
> ,moody smiley,grinning smiley,tongue sticking out smiley,confused smiley,angry smiley,yawning smiley,winking smiley,cool smiley
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue out,thumbs down,thumbs up,smileys with beer,the finger smiley,smiling bouncing smiley,eye rolling smiley,drinking smiley,eye popping smiley,smoking smiley,sad smiley,smiling smiley
> ,moody smiley,grinning smiley,tongue sticking out smiley,confused smiley,angry smiley,yawning smiley,winking smiley,cool smiley
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue out,thumbs up,thumbs down,smileys with beer,the finger smiley,smiling bouncing smiley,eye rolling smiley,drinking smiley,eye popping smiley,smoking smiley,sad smiley,smiling smiley
> ,moody smiley,grinning smiley,tongue sticking out smiley,confused smiley,angry smiley,yawning smiley,winking smiley,cool smiley
>
>
>
> How hard is that?
>
> You will get a 1/10 score and be #1 promise you.
>
> If you want a -1, you can use this for the receipt
> instead:
> [i.imgur.com]

I knew it! You are a troublemaker!

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
That reminds me of the elderly woman who presented her military grandson with a lovely card the night before his deployment. She had written:

"Good luck in Afghanistan. LOL
Grandma"

She thought it meant "Lots of love."

There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
I'm feeling dense. Why is this thread tilted "Schedulers"?

*****************************************************
The harder I work, the luckier I get.
I think, perhaps, DixieWhiskey created it with the hopes that other scheduler/editors would chime in with their own stories, but instead she attracted the non-scheduler, just-wanna-have-fun crowd. smiling smiley

(heart)

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
I think maybe she went home, poured a glass of wine and lit a fat one and then, and only then, did her reports.
The Shopper I am referring to has always sounded like she smoked two fat joints whenever I talk with her so you may be onto something there hahaha.

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
What companies would train me to be a scheduler in the future? Can anyone assist me with this questions
Dixiewhiskey, As a former English teacher I came across text talk in formal writing quite often. I literally had to present a lesson the first week of school and tell the students what was not acceptable. More often than not they argued that I "needed to enter the 21st century." My reply was always, "You might be trying to pass English a good portion of the 21st century if you use text talk in your writing in my class."

I don't see the "lol" person lasting very long in this business.
Every time I see a contraction used in a newspaper i hear my Grade Eight English teacher scolding over my shoulder, perched in the devil's seat. If it is becoming common to see, "LOL" in a formal, written sentence, she must be turning in her grave.
I'm sorry, I keep chuckling at the idea "lol" was peppered, inappropriately, throughout her reports. Maybe it's like National Treasure and there's a hidden message, "Help! I need more weed!". Or, maybe she's playing with you and hoping to bring some "lol" cheer?

I'm still laughing...this is so stupid, and yet it is still making me chuckle. lol lol lol
"At 6:43pm I entered the store. lol As I approached the desk lol a large, volumous inflatable fell over. lol The manger rushed over to pick it up and try securing it again. lol I watched in horror as he appeared to be swallowed alive by this Spongebob Christmas inflatable. lol"

Oh please, oh please, others add to this story. smiling smiley
A colleague of mine read a report yesterday that stated, "The Representative was unbendable." For a telephone shop... The other day I edited a report where the Shopper wrote that the Representative was gorgeous. The lols are endless...

Silver Certified ~ Shopping all of Toronto and beyond
I have not done editing, except on my own shops, but I once did an audio recorded shop and before I did it, to test my recorder, I let loose a three minute extremely profane tirade. I forgot to change the track for the actual shop and sent the entire recording. I got this back from Becky, the editor:

"Dante, please note, I am going to have to edit this recording. It is never appropriate to use any profanity in the recording, even prior to the shop starting."

I was embarrassed and edited my own audio shop, taking out the profane beginning. When I sent her the recording, I was extremely tired and didn't listen to it before I sent it to her.

Not my best moment.

Arguing with fools is like playing chess with a pigeon...
...No matter how good you are, the pigeon will s@^t on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Not scheduling for ANY company.
Hahaha! Of course, this begs the question of why you chose "a three minute extremely profane tirade" to test the equipment.

In the olden days (yawn), we used to say things like, "testing, testing, testing" or "How now, brown cow?" I know times have changed and, hey, I know I've gotta get with it, but why on God's Green Earth would you let loose a 3-minute string of profanities? I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I don't know enough of those words to fill three whole minutes. smiling smiley

Just wondering...

(heart)

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
stilllearning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hahaha! Of course, this begs the question of why
> you chose "a three minute extremely profane
> tirade" to test the equipment.
>
> In the olden days (yawn), we used to say things
> like, "testing, testing, testing" or "How now,
> brown cow?" I know times have changed and, hey, I
> know I've gotta get with it, but why on God's
> Green Earth would you let loose a 3-minute string
> of profanities? I'm a little embarrassed to admit
> it, but I don't know enough of those words to fill
> three whole minutes. smiling smiley
>
> Just wondering...
>
> (heart)

I wasn't feeling good and these shops were on a deadline. In addition, I was doing this shop during rush hour in the Pittsburgh area and that is no picnic in itself. It was my way of venting some stress out before I went in to deal with pushy salesmen.

Arguing with fools is like playing chess with a pigeon...
...No matter how good you are, the pigeon will s@^t on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Not scheduling for ANY company.
I can't speak for DixieWhiskey, but, hey, I know I am having fun. Thank you Dixie! Whee! smiling smiley

(heart)

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
What's humoring me most is that I can actually hear Dante rattling off a three minute expletive tirade and stilllearning struggling to come up with a three word expletive tirade! And I've never met either of them. lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login