New and improved fees for mailing shops

Just noticed the fees have gone up starting next week for the mailing shops. You know who you are without me mentioning the msc.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

They increased the reimbursement a few months ago after the postage increased. Now the fee is increased, at least in my area. I wonder if they are adjusting for cost of living everywhere or just in certain cities. So if you do not see a fee increase perhaps that is what. In any case we have all been complaining about fees going down everywhere so this is refreshing having them go up. Yay.
I think the ones that are increased now are because we are in the last few weeks of the quarter. The next quarter starts in July and I bet the rates will return the previous amount b
I don't see any shops posted. The ones in DE /PA often post at different times than the ones in NJ, but I don't see any at all yet.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@Traveliz wrote:

I think the ones that are increased now are because we are in the last few weeks of the quarter. The next quarter starts in July and I bet the rates will return the previous amount b

Correct. End of the period bonuses, not permanent according to the email.
In all the years I have been doing these shops in Los Angeles there was only one time I saw a small bonus and it was towards the last day of the month. I would be very surprised here where we do not usually get any bonuses that they would increase the fee so early in the month. A new trend perhaps.
I picked up two with the $3 increase this time since they were on the way to other jobs. I usually find a few bonused in the LA/OC area each quarter but an extra $3 or even $5 for one job 15 miles away on LA freeways that is not self-assign is usually not worth it.
@SoCalMama wrote:

@Traveliz wrote:

I think the ones that are increased now are because we are in the last few weeks of the quarter. The next quarter starts in July and I bet the rates will return the previous amount b

Correct. End of the period bonuses, not permanent according to the email.
And BOY, was I GLAD for those!! I did 3 last week that had been bonused to $25!! Happy Camper!
My scheduler told me last month that they wanted to increase the rotation of shoppers doing these and not have the same people doing them each time. That caused a lot of shops to not be scheduled in some areas (like mine). I was able to pick up locations this past week (with a bonus) that I normally do since it's nearing the end of the quarter and at this point they are letting the regular shoppers do their normal locations since they couldn't find a lot of new shoppers to do them. Sandy, with these shops, it's not an "early in the month" situation. It's getting near the end of the quarter.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

My scheduler told me last month that they wanted to increase the rotation of shoppers doing these and not have the same people doing them each time. .

Maybe this is why i finally got some! I've applied a gazillion times and, as is said here, crickets!

When the former MSC had these bonuses were pretty easy to come by, (at least in my area) not so much now that the current MSC took it back
@wwin wrote:

I picked up two with the $3 increase this time since they were on the way to other jobs. I usually find a few bonused in the LA/OC area each quarter but an extra $3 or even $5 for one job 15 miles away on LA freeways that is not self-assign is usually not worth it.

Long Beach and South LA usually have bonuses. It's almost required due to the neighborhoods.
I just got an email from Bare about one of their jobs that said they are raising the fees. This was not about a bonus, it was about a permanent fee raise. So we can wait and see what happens but in Los Angeles where shops always just flew off the shelf I see them waiting around ever since the unemployment rate went down and I also started seeing those big $2 bonuses occasionally. Most rush /urgent/help me out jobs still are at regular fees here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login