Five Guys

I did a heavily bonused shop today which was marked invalid due to not being in the dining area 15 minutes or more.

The issue is that all dining areas are closed and it is takeout or delivery only. I emailed the MSC and am
waiting to hear back.

This virus is disrupting every industry. Stay stay everyone.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Just wondering. What state are you from. Because it is the same for us here in Ohio. Most of our assignments here have been canceled until further notice.
Our restaurants are ending eat-in service Thursday at midnight. I got four back-to-back calls from a Marketforce number this afternoon.I was not available to take the calls. No voice mails left.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
New York City.

Great shop overall, I completed all requirements except the dining room time.
I was under the impression that if there's an issue such as dining room closed, that you aren't able to do the shop. Not sure if it's the same in every state? I just know here in SC they've said if restaurant was closed, don't go through drive thru just to get the shop done, it should be marked as unable to complete. Still doesn't make it okay though - how annoying for you!!
@Capurato wrote:

I did a heavily bonused shop today which was marked invalid due to not being in the dining area 15 minutes or more.

The issue is that all dining areas are closed and it is takeout or delivery only. I emailed the MSC and am
waiting to hear back.

This virus is disrupting every industry. Stay stay everyone.

If the dining area was shut down due to a state-wide shutdown, your instructions clearly state to not proceed with the shop if you were assigned to do a dine-in and report it as closed for 1/2 the fee.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
I’m looking at a Five Guys shop right now and there are no instructions about what to do if the location is serving food but the dining room is closed. The half fee only refers to visiting and finding out the location is closed, not the dining room. (I’ve never even heard of a Five Guys drive through.)
Five Guys features bins of peanuts for everyone and anyone to dig in and eat after everyone else has touch touch touched the peanuts.
@Rho* wrote:

Five Guys features bins of peanuts for everyone and anyone to dig in and eat after everyone else has touch touch touched the peanuts.

I always used the metal scoop but never thought about what others might do.
I faced the same issue with a bonused dine-in lunch shop yesterday (Tuesday). All restaurants in my area/city are prohibited from allowing dine-in...many have locked doors and only allow drive-thru, online, or delivery now. I called the Five Guys I was to shop in the morning to ask if they were open, and they said they allowed walk-in orders but no one could dine in. I tried contacting the MSC for instructions on how to proceed, but did not hear back via email. After finally reaching someone on the phone, the scheduler had to call me back because he needed to contact a supervisor (apparently they are working from home now to prevent social contact). He did reply shortly afterwards and I was told to report the location as closed and explain why.

I submitted my shop as a closed location (due to emergency, etc.) and explained the situation where I could. It is still currently in QC, so we'll see whether it is accepted. Either way, I didn't make my bonus fee. And there are no more Five Guys available on the job board (as of Monday).

I hope everyone is staying safe!
@NinS wrote:

I’m looking at a Five Guys shop right now and there are no instructions about what to do if the location is serving food but the dining room is closed. The half fee only refers to visiting and finding out the location is closed, not the dining room. (I’ve never even heard of a Five Guys drive through.)

You're looking to specific of details... If the shopper's able to order, but not able to dine-in, then they cannot complete the shop. Shoppers that have worked for this MSC long enough knows that it is a norm to ALWAYS complete the assigned scenario. If not, reschedule (not possible in this case) or report it as closed due to not being able to follow through with the scenario (aka dine-in). It would be different if the shopper had a phone shop or an online shop, where they're able to at least pick-up and are allowed to take-out. From how the OP read, they were assigned a dine-in shop, and did not dine-in; thus, the shop was rejected.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
@sstsau wrote:

I faced the same issue with a bonused dine-in lunch shop yesterday (Tuesday). All restaurants in my area/city are prohibited from allowing dine-in...many have locked doors and only allow drive-thru, online, or delivery now. I called the Five Guys I was to shop in the morning to ask if they were open, and they said they allowed walk-in orders but no one could dine in. I tried contacting the MSC for instructions on how to proceed, but did not hear back via email. After finally reaching someone on the phone, the scheduler had to call me back because he needed to contact a supervisor (apparently they are working from home now to prevent social contact). He did reply shortly afterwards and I was told to report the location as closed and explain why.

I submitted my shop as a closed location (due to emergency, etc.) and explained the situation where I could. It is still currently in QC, so we'll see whether it is accepted. Either way, I didn't make my bonus fee. And there are no more Five Guys available on the job board (as of Monday).

I hope everyone is staying safe!

You did what you were supposed to do. It'll likely get accepted, thought probably paid at half you total fee was with bonus.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
I accepted a highly bonused one knowing that they were only doing takeout and delivery as required in NJ. I dutifully called in advance to confirm what I knew. I then reported the shop as closed because I could not dine-in.vI expect to be paid $3.
@NinS wrote:

I’m looking at a Five Guys shop right now and there are no instructions about what to do if the location is serving food but the dining room is closed. The half fee only refers to visiting and finding out the location is closed, not the dining room. (I’ve never even heard of a Five Guys drive through.)

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
I was paid the full bonus and reimbursement after I explained to the help desk the circumstances .
Oh, BTW, there are 2 locations in my area that have drive-thrus, though the majority are in strip malls with dine-in and carryout only.
I had one for Long John Silvers with the same situation. I emailed their help deck and was told to mark it as closed due to dine in not being available. But now it’s been hanging in QC for days. Even though at this point they’d only be paying me the $3 for closed location.
I had edited my confused and irrelevant post.

@Capurato wrote:

@JASFLALMT wrote:

I am confused, lol!

About what?
Wow, at a Five Guys drive-through you might be waiting a long time in your car given how many orders take 8 minutes (or much longer) to come out!
deleted
Moderator Note:

Post removed as it breached the Forum guideline which states, "Do not reveal the mystery shopping companies and client in the same post." The client had been named in the title of the post. Please feel free to remove the name of the MSC and repost. - Mod

While no longer with the MSC who shops Five Guys , I do visit on my own on occasion. I have now visited twice this week due to the pandemic and NY states lockdown of no dine in at restaurants. You are allowed to walk in place order and take out at my local five guys. I did notice that they removed the free peanuts probably due to this Pandemic ( COVID-19).

Shopping Western NY, Northeast and Central PA, and parts of Ohio and West Virginia. Have car will travel anywhere if the monies right.
You aren't missing much currently with this MSC (if you missed them at all). They have very little going on.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

You aren't missing much currently with this MSC (if you missed them at all). They have very little going on.

Oh I know. I am with hundreds of MSCs and have more than enough work available during non State of Emergency times. I also have a friend who can see what shops they have so know what they normally have.

Shopping Western NY, Northeast and Central PA, and parts of Ohio and West Virginia. Have car will travel anywhere if the monies right.
@BuffaloNY101 wrote:

While no longer with the MSC who shops Five Guys , I do visit on my own on occasion. I have now visited twice this week due to the pandemic and NY states lockdown of no dine in at restaurants. You are allowed to walk in place order and take out at my local five guys. I did notice that they removed the free peanuts probably due to this Pandemic ( COVID-19).

The peanuts were removed because it's always been a policy to only allow customers to eat peanuts when dining in and NOT taking out. While COVID19 is a factor, they also took peanut allergies seriously too.

Shopping the Greater Denver Area, Colorado Springs and in-between in Colorado. 30 year old male and willing to travel! Badged for Denver International Airport.
Last I looked they only tell you that one type of shop requires you to do a drive-thru if the dining room is closed. And that is the LTO sandwich shop.
Tarantado, when I do my phone or online orders, I munch on some peanuts while they make my fries. I don't think they care.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login