McDonald's Mystery Shop - Anyone try this today

@whatwhatdb wrote:

Has anyone completed a mobile app shop? I did one today for the large sizes, and it wants the large prices for every drink, but as far as I can tell, the McD app only lists them with the medium price. To see the large price, you have to click on each drink individually, and then select large. It would be over 50 screenshots to list them individually. Has anyone encountered this issue?

I sent a message to the point of contacts, to see if they can clarify.

That's what I did with the kiosk version when it ask for the Large. I clicked on each drink and snap pics of just the drinks. This is part why it took me forever to get the report done. Never doing the kiosk version again! I did the mobile one last night and it was significantly faster.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@OEShopper wrote:


That's what I did with the kiosk version when it ask for the Large. I clicked on each drink and snap pics of just the drinks. This is part why it took me forever to get the report done. Never doing the kiosk version again! I did the mobile one last night and it was significantly faster.

How did you submit all of them? I tried doing that at first, but there weren't enough upload slots for everything, unless I overlooked something.
@ShoppingDad @OEShopper So what did you think about the Mobile task and how long did it take?

Can you do the screen caps from home since you are mobile ordering and just check in when you are there to pick up your food?
Yeah i don't see why you couldn't do that. But i hate these... did my first and last one tonight. Takes so long to capture every screenshot and constantly navigate back and forth from the apps. Not for me.
@heywave wrote:

@ShoppingDad @OEShopper So what did you think about the Mobile task and how long did it take?

Can you do the screen caps from home since you are mobile ordering and just check in when you are there to pick up your food?

It took me about 15 minutes. It helps that this was my third job so I knew the ropes by then.
I picked up the McD Mobile shop so taking screenshots was much faster but still tedious. On the PrestoShopper app, I’m unable to upload more than one photo at a time. Not quite sure how I can upload all 23+ screenshots if it will only upload one photo on the survey. sad smiley. Anybody else running into this upload issue?
@OEShopper and anyone else that has done the mobile McDonald's shops. Have those mobile shop(s) been accepted? Are anyone's mobile jobs being sent back due to issues with photos?

I sat out this wave because every McDonald's job I did for the prior wave was sent back due to "bad pictures." The images are clear on my phone, but the app screws them up and renders the text unreadable. I think one of my jobs from the first wave still hasn't even been reviewed yet. Going back and forth trying to fix the pictures is a, to borrow another poster's phrase, huge time suck.

The other reason I sat out was others here posting it took forever to do in the restaurant, but I figured if I can do the mobile at home, then it might not be so bad. I just don't think I can take having another picture reject on this project.
I did the McDonalds shop yesterday. Options were either drive thru, kiosk inside, or on the mobile app; other options were breakfast, lunch, or dinner; and small, medium, or large drink. I figured I’d do do the lunch at a location near home on the app, since I occasionally have lunch there this way anyway. I ended up taking 59 pictures to complete the shop. One item was not on the menu, and one item category was not available at the particular restaurant branch. It took me nearly an hour and a half to complete the form, and you have to do it on a phone or tablet. It was the most tedious shop I’ve done this year. I will not do it again.
I did this shop. It was frustrating because what I was told to do didn’t work with having to go into each item individually for small prices (I had someone clarify before I went.) I took a picture of everything because I was so worried to goof up. About 5 days later I get an email saying to fix the pictures but I didn’t have the space. I replied asking where I should submit additional. I got zero reply, despite following up daily for days asking for assistance. I then reached out to the original person who gave me the confusing information, and was told it was too late to fix anything because “I didn’t reply within 24 hours” which is completely false. First shop I ever did for this company, last shop I’ll do for this company. So many better opportunities with companies that will provide you assistance and fairness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2022 02:13AM by Hockeymoose.
@heywave wrote:

@OEShopper and anyone else that has done the mobile McDonald's shops. Have those mobile shop(s) been accepted? Are anyone's mobile jobs being sent back due to issues with photos?

I sat out this wave because every McDonald's job I did for the prior wave was sent back due to "bad pictures." The images are clear on my phone, but the app screws them up and renders the text unreadable. I think one of my jobs from the first wave still hasn't even been reviewed yet. Going back and forth trying to fix the pictures is a, to borrow another poster's phrase, huge time suck.

The other reason I sat out was others here posting it took forever to do in the restaurant, but I figured if I can do the mobile at home, then it might not be so bad. I just don't think I can take having another picture reject on this project.

My mobile one was approved 2 days after submitting. The first one I did, the kiosk one, took a week to be approved. The 2nd kiosk one I did, is still awaiting approval. It's been almost 2 weeks now. How long did you wait before having they reach out for corrections?
@whatwhatdb wrote:

@OEShopper wrote:


That's what I did with the kiosk version when it ask for the Large. I clicked on each drink and snap pics of just the drinks. This is part why it took me forever to get the report done. Never doing the kiosk version again! I did the mobile one last night and it was significantly faster.

How did you submit all of them? I tried doing that at first, but there weren't enough upload slots for everything, unless I overlooked something.

I didn't have a problem with uploading as there was a slot for each of the requested photo. What do you see?
@Hockeymoose wrote:

I did this shop. It was frustrating because what I was told to do didn’t work with having to go into each item individually for small prices (I had someone clarify before I went.) I took a picture of everything because I was so worried to goof up. About 5 days later I get an email saying to fix the pictures but I didn’t have the space. I replied asking where I should submit additional. I got zero reply, despite following up daily for days asking for assistance. I then reached out to the original person who gave me the confusing information, and was told it was too late to fix anything because “I didn’t reply within 24 hours” which is completely false. First shop I ever did for this company, last shop I’ll do for this company. So many better opportunities with companies that will provide you assistance and fairness.

I also thought this project was poorly planned causing us shoppers so much issues! The report conflicts with the guidelines, and the guideline isn't adequately written. Example, on the mobile app, there was a request for the confirmation page. The report says "See guideline for example of confirmation page", but the guideline shows no such thing!
I did four of these shops. I had the same issues as most shoppers on this board. The guidelines conflicted with the report. Pictures that were as clear as could possibly be taken were rejected when the shopper could not have done anything more correctly.

The initial report would not even allow a shopper to put a decimal point in for the price of reimbursement on the shop.

The reviewer made untrue claims about non existent issues with the report, then would not respond to clarifications sent by the shopper.

Despite all this I was paid for all four Shoppes after I responded to all requests.

I had been told I would not be paid because I did not respond for four days.

That was untrue and I proved it to be untrue by an email thread I sent to the reviewer asking for a follow up.

It took them an entire week longer to review the shop than presto guidelines allow.

Prior to this McDonald's project I had done over 120 shops for this MSP and I am now no longer shopping with them. After four years of successfully mystery shopping for over 40 providers and around 5000 shops I would say that this is the most unworthwhile shop I've been involved with from a profit versus time spent perspective.

The Presto boards are flooded with huge numbers of these shops, and with all the complaints I am surprised somebody has not pulled the plug on this project and that shoppers are still doing the shops.

I want to clarify that I am not talking about all presto shops, just this particular project. Most of the presto shops I have done have been relatively easy and convenient.
@OEShopper The longest I have gone is 7 or 8 days after submitting corrections that they said, no we need you to correct these.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2022 06:33AM by Momomomo.
BOLO for McDonalds "delivery shops" paying $12 + $20. Saw several in my area when I logged in at Midnight but they were being snapped up quickly.
I dont see any more of these in my surrounding area... did they all get pulled, or are they still showing for others?
No longer showing in the Chicago area

@whatwhatdb wrote:

I dont see any more of these in my surrounding area... did they all get pulled, or are they still showing for others?
@heywave wrote:

@whatwhatdb Spoke too soon. McDonald's is back. Check your area.

Is $12 enough to cover the food and delivery fees?
Not going to make that mistake again. Went to McDonalds and took the photo's with my Google Pixel Pro which has a 20MP camera and all of the pictures were fine until you got to the menu board where the app kept saying photo not large enough, so I rechecked the settings and it was set to 20MP, but nope it still wouldn't work so I tried to email the Co that wanted the information, they got back to me over a day later and said basically talk to Presto, well that's almost impossible. It was a giant waste of time and I won't do another one.
Your experience along with everyone else, tells me it is highly unlikely they tested this shop with the app. You would think after the reviewers see so many issues with the pics with so many different users that one of them would tell a higher up that there is an issue. Look at how many of these jobs have gone unfilled
I was pondering doing these since they are $20 plus reimbursement. I'm pretty new but have already experienced the frustration of soooo many questions and narratives that a "good" fee ends up being just a few bucks an hour. Thank you all for the feedback!!!! I'll sit this one out.
I looked at the guidelines and, along with the problems I'm seeing on this board, said no way. Thanks everyone for saving me from this nightmare!
Well,.I did a few of the drive through shops in the first round, and at least two still haven't been reviewed. I also did one of the online order shops on the app, this also has not been reviewed. I won't convince myself that I'm hungry enough to do another one if I'm not going to get paid the ones I've already done.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login