What are you doing today? (besides shopping)

Two parties have answered my Freecycle offer and are due to come and dig up and take home the two large clumps of day lilies that remain in my front garden. This is all part of my plan to establish a perennial sequence there, composed of less aggressive specials than day lilies. Day lilies appear to be closely related to Attila The Hun !

Two days ago, another Freecycler delivered clumps of variegated hosta and lily of the valley. Those will be divided and planted where the day lilies have been.

I will also do laundry and drop off an Amazon return at the local UPS collection site.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Well, hubby has been wanting a mattress topper for ages, so he finally ordered one and it came yesterday. We also got 2 free of this company's standard pillows, which we used last night. They were really comfortable. So this morning we put the mattress topper on the bed. It looks and feels great. The ONLY issue is that it raises the level of our bed about 2 inches higher, and our poor doggie!! Back about 3 months ago, we got a doggie "stairway" for our 12 year old pooch, because his short legs (half mini-bassett) could no longer jump up onto the bed. He's been doing great with his "stairway". But now with this extra 2 inches on top....we'll have to see how he does over the next couple of nights. We're hoping he doesn't find it too different or difficult...otherwise, hubby will have to find a new stairway with an extra step to it.
@walesmaven I love Freecycle, but since we're so seasonal down here, we don't have a very active bunch. I got all sorts of stuff when I lived in the city, but sometimes it's a full week between offers/asks.

Shopping the South Jersey Shore
This is a perfect example of what happens when they do away with the phone book! smiling smiley

@guysmom wrote:

Well, hubby has been wanting a mattress topper for ages, so he finally ordered one and it came yesterday. We also got 2 free of this company's standard pillows, which we used last night. They were really comfortable. So this morning we put the mattress topper on the bed. It looks and feels great. The ONLY issue is that it raises the level of our bed about 2 inches higher, and our poor doggie!! Back about 3 months ago, we got a doggie "stairway" for our 12 year old pooch, because his short legs (half mini-bassett) could no longer jump up onto the bed. He's been doing great with his "stairway". But now with this extra 2 inches on top....we'll have to see how he does over the next couple of nights. We're hoping he doesn't find it too different or difficult...otherwise, hubby will have to find a new stairway with an extra step to it.

Kim
LOL, kimmiemae! Except that here, the phone book is so skinny that you would five of them to boost the little doggie.

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ― Leopold Stokowski
Thats what I mean - when I was growing up, the phone book was so thick it served as a booster seat for a little kid. Now they are so thin, they couldn't even boost a little dog! What is this world coming to?

@Shop-et-al wrote:

LOL, kimmiemae! Except that here, the phone book is so skinny that you would five of them to boost the little doggie.

Kim
I put some vitamin E oil on my lashline to help heal some allergy related styes. It dried my eyes out instead .

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Work. Read interesting stuff. Upper body workout.

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ― Leopold Stokowski
I was reimbursed for ice cream today so I planned on eating that while watching something mindless. It was a keto diet ice cream and just awful.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Two loads of laundry; kitchen clean-up; dead-heading iris and geraniums; mindless computer games.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
I gave Hubby a haircut in the kitchen. When he got up there was a tuft of hair on the stool he had been sitting on. I went to dump the chair over so the hair would fall off...instead the chair fell on my little toe. Trying to convince myself it's just sprained, but as I watch it get bigger and bigger it's hard to think it's not broken.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
aw Kathy! (( hugs))

I am still waiting for my charger to get delivered. Meanwhile, I have to paste every "b t g" and more letters are sticking. Pain.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:


I am still waiting for my charger to get delivered. Meanwhile, I have to paste every "b t g" and more letters are sticking. Pain.

When I have had that issue with my laptop it is time to turn it over and spank the back of it. If it is stuff under the keys it may dislodge it. If it is the contacts that are gummy that is a different story.

Edited to add: When it has gotten really bad I have plugged a keyboard into the laptop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2020 01:26AM by Flash.
Work. Lower body workout. Two projects.

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ― Leopold Stokowski
Making several appointments, including: HVAC spring check-up; follow-up doctor visit; follow-up eye doc visit. Trying to reach Citibank by phone to close accounts. (All local branches are closed and the site says that you have to go into a branch to close an account !) Dropping off that amazon return that I thought would happen on Friday. Wine store curbside pick-up. Changing bed linens.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
There's an impressive bruise that covers a quarter of my right foot, but the toe is not broken. I will use that as an excuse to sit around and do little of substance.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
Well, it was amazingly easy to get through to a real person at Citibank by phone. She was quite sanguine about closing the accounts by phone and walked me through the steps without a hitch. I should have a check in the mail in about 2 weeks. Yes, I have notes of the time and date of the call, lol.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@HonnyBrown wrote:

I was reimbursed for ice cream today so I planned on eating that while watching something mindless. It was a keto diet ice cream and just awful.
Honny....me too! Was it the Jelly Donut flavor?? Of the 4 flavor choices allowed by the Client, that was the only flavor that the required store in my area carried, among others that weren't on the "allowed" list. I thought it was AWFUL! The texture was crumbly and pasty, and it tasted like maple walnut with a bit of caramel. Definitely NO jelly donut flavor! The "jelly" component was a large frozen strawberry!! I hated it! I was honest in my review, in as nice a way as possible, but I did tell them exactly how I felt about it. It was approved. Then I got to thinking that maybe their sales are low on certain flavors and they want to know why, which is the reason for doing this. Anyhow, one small serving was enough for me! I threw the rest away. Yuck!!
I'm so glad I was lazy this weekend. Today I did a Try and Buy shop for laundry products. I came home and washed my sheets and towels.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I've got laundry sorted and will run a couple of loads on Wednesday. I prefer to line dry and we are having intermittent rain today and expect the same tomorrow. Meanwhile a few things are soaking in the presoak bucket. A lot of time today was spent sorting papers between steps of making lasagna. I've gotten 3 of the 5 tax returns I agreed to do this year done--the other two owe money so will wait for the July deadline to file and pay--so those documents can be stashed away and the oldest returns shredded.
The charger arrived yesterday and works perfectly.

Flash, you reminded me that I have a USB keyboard for the sticky key laptop I can't believe I forgot about it.

I don't know what the issue is. I removed the keys and cleaned the contacts. That did no good.

@Flash wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:


I am still waiting for my charger to get delivered. Meanwhile, I have to paste every "b t g" and more letters are sticking. Pain.

When I have had that issue with my laptop it is time to turn it over and spank the back of it. If it is stuff under the keys it may dislodge it. If it is the contacts that are gummy that is a different story.

Edited to add: When it has gotten really bad I have plugged a keyboard into the laptop.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Yep, it was Jelly Donut. I will never have a jelly donut again.

On top of that, the report was initially rejected because the receipt was illegible. It printed that way. I thought it was due for my negative review. I thanked them for letting me know and said that I would be returning the product to the store. Today, before I made the return, they compensated me in full. That was a nice surprise. The ice cream was not.

Have you tried the laundry products?


@guysmom wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

I was reimbursed for ice cream today so I planned on eating that while watching something mindless. It was a keto diet ice cream and just awful.
Honny....me too! Was it the Jelly Donut flavor?? Of the 4 flavor choices allowed by the Client, that was the only flavor that the required store in my area carried, among others that weren't on the "allowed" list. I thought it was AWFUL! The texture was crumbly and pasty, and it tasted like maple walnut with a bit of caramel. Definitely NO jelly donut flavor! The "jelly" component was a large frozen strawberry!! I hated it! I was honest in my review, in as nice a way as possible, but I did tell them exactly how I felt about it. It was approved. Then I got to thinking that maybe their sales are low on certain flavors and they want to know why, which is the reason for doing this. Anyhow, one small serving was enough for me! I threw the rest away. Yuck!!

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
So glad!!!! I hope you have some liquid substance as well.

@KathyG wrote:

There's an impressive bruise that covers a quarter of my right foot, but the toe is not broken. I will use that as an excuse to sit around and do little of substance.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

Yep, it was Jelly Donut. I will never have a jelly donut again.

Have you tried the laundry products?
Aww, I know that Keto stuff was just awful, but I think I would still be up for a nice, warm jello donut sometime! Glad you finally got reimbursed for it all. I wondered, too, if they would deny me because of my very poor review, but I got paid. So maybe it's something they need to hear.
As far as the laundry products, the last one I tried was the "scent booster" sometime last year. I saw one today, but if I read it correctly, they wanted you to buy ALL 3 of the items?? Was I reading that correctly? Not sure I would do that one. But that app as a whole has been a real help during this time when not much is around.
Yes, you buy the liquid fabric softener, dryer sheets and scent booster. My location didn't have the scent booster. My total came to $15. I like the product and it will last me for a while.

If a review for a Try & Buy product is positive, it gets published with your name on some random website. I only made that mistake once.

The majority of my work now comes from them.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Honny, I did the Buy & Try for the jelly a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed it a lot, and wrote up a good review. Well, they DID publish it in that whatever-it-is magazine. Surprised me! Then they offered me $2 to post my review on FB. Well, I don't do FB, so I passed on that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 03:17PM by guysmom.
I just had a two hour conversation with an IRS attorney about the joint return that I filed with my ex in 2015. He ruled in my favor! I can do my portion of the tax return separately from his. He is liable for thousands of dollars.

Today is a good day! Well, other than losing yet another remote control in my bedroom.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 05:35PM by HonnyBrown.
I didn't see the jelly one.

I did a stellar review for the body wash and it got posted somewhere online. I also got the FB offer and declined it.

I received a follow up survey for the $12 deodorant asking why I have not bought it again. I let them know that I was still using it. I also let them know that I would never buy a deodorant for $12.

@guysmom wrote:

Honny, I did the Buy & Try for the jelly a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed it a lot, and wrote up a good review. Well, they DID publish it in that whatever-it-is magazine. Surprised me! Then they offered me $2 to post my review on FB. Well, I don't do FB, so I passed on that one.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Honey, congrats on the IRS ruling in your favor! That's got to be a huge relief!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2020 04:37PM by guysmom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login