SECOND TO NONE

They would not pay me because I supposedly did not repsond quick enough to clarify something which is utter b.s.---SLEAZE

I should have listened when somebody earlier posted about them finding any reason imaginable to reject payment to shoppers.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

You mean you missed that invisible email? How could you! Oh and the email response was probably a ticking 2 minute reply or we cancel! Yup they are famous for that.
Sorry, folks, but I've got to say that STN has been great to me. My state's scheduler is very good with communications, great with offering incentives as the month progresses, and fair as far as first replied = first scheduled for locations. I've only received follow-up communications from them seeking more information twice out of about 250 shops that I've done for them over the past three years, and both times it turned out good. Crazy good STN experience... I traveled 150 miles round trip to redo a shop where I used the wrong scenario at this one location in a multi-shop route, but props to STN in that they gave me a chance to fix it, and my scheduler wound up convincing the client to pay for the wrong scenario report as well.
Fine, don't work for them, which leaves more work for me. Great company.

Not my circus - Not my monkeys @(*.*)@

~Polish Proverb~
I have done numerous shops and some with big bonuses. I have NEVER had a problem getting paid according to the ICA. They contacted me a couple time to clarify the information I supplied. I contacted them, they asked their questions, I answere the questions and I got paid. I think they are a good company to work for just limited client base.
I have had nothing but good experiences with STN. They have paid on time, and I've had great communication with my scheduler. I did about 30 medicare shops for them during the last three months of the year - the bonus money was great!
I dont shop for them anymore after their online system said my SSN was invalid, and the only option given when I called them was to give it over the phone.
Sorry, but I'm already giving my SSN out like candy to the insurance company, the cable company, job applications - its madness. Not going to give it to some person I don't even know over a phone.
Too bad too, the bonused easy shops were nice while they lasted.
I understand the frustration, but I cannot agree with you here. A stand up co. See if you can work it out with them. Not worth blowing them off unless you don't get much work from them. I have had a couple of clarifications that I missed from them over the years, but If I had quit working with them, I would be out some hundreds of $s.
I signed up with a company that said my SSN was invalid until I stuck in the dashes.... xxx-xx-xxxx

:
:
==============================================================
I pray it does not occur that the last thing I did before I died was vacuum the house or eat broccoli.
i dont shop for them too often, but when I do, they always heavily bonus the shops and have never had issues with pay and the one time they asked for clarification, I received an email asking for it.

= + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = +
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots
==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==
When you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing nobody
I've never had an issue with STN.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
While a lot of their shops are low to moderate paying to start with, the bonuses can get really good. And they will negotiate bonuses, too ~ and are pretty reasonable about it.

Also, once when I forgot to ask a required question about getting a quote, I contacted my scheduler to let her know. She said if I could return and ask the question within 24 hours, she would extend the due date for my report for me. Since the location was in my hometown, I was easily able to return and get the quote.

There is only one shop with them I have a bit of a problem with, but don't have time to type it out right now as I have to go let my dogs in. I may later, though. : )

Happiness is merely life's way of keeping you off-balance.
I took a break from them when they lost the bookstore shops, but did a number of shops for them recently. Never had a problem, except when they wanted clarification on something and I received the email just before I was to board a plane to New Orleans. When I was finally able to contact them it was too late, but I still shopped for them. They pay as promised and the reports are really easy and quick to fill out.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that STN reports are easy and quick. Sure, the narrative is kept to a minimum in most cases. But the endless N/As are tedious. How many ways can you say "no" to the same question?

Other than that, I haven't had issues with STN. I wish they had more assignments in my area.

_____________________________________________________________________________
"Between stimulus and response, there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response.
In our response lies our growth and our freedom."
~Viktor Frankl
I do not shop for them often but when I have shopped for them they have been fair to me. I also had to give my ID # over the phone around a year after their online system accepted my number. That made me feel a bit insecure but nothing bad happened.
Arch Stanton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They would not pay me because I supposedly did not
> repsond quick enough to clarify something which is
> utter b.s.---SLEAZE
>
> I should have listened when somebody earlier
> posted about them finding any reason imaginable to
> reject payment to shoppers.


As I recall, STN requires response to a request for clarification within 24 hours. The majority of the time, clarification requests have been emailed to me. However, clarifications, rejections and invoiced shops are published on the shopper's hub, and it is ultimately the shopper's responsibility to follow their shop from assignment to payment.

I strongly disagree with the statement that STN will find "any reason imaginable to reject payment to shoppers".
I did 10 shops with them last year and never ever had a problem. Personally, I enjoy free lunches with minimal narratives in the surveys. No MSC is perfect. I have been very pleased with them.
@ Arch Stanton,

I would not doubt that your complaint is a legitimate one. None of us comes to these boards bringing forward a complaint just for the fun of it! I am sure we all have better ways to spend quality time!

However me too, have only had great experiences with STN. So far so good, that's all I can say. They hardly ever deny me any shops I apply for in my area, they heavily bonus them towards the end of the month and they pay every mid-month via paypal accurately and like clockwork!

Their scenarios for most shops that I do for them are easy to follow, and they are really not finicky about the reports we submit.

They might not pay you for this one, but they will not dismiss you or berate you as a shopper for a genuine mistake on your end either!
I'm neither a hater nor a groupie of Second to None, but I did have a shop report rejected a few months back, which they never communicated to me. I was not aware of the situation until months later, when I sought an answer for why I wasn't paid. The mistake in the report was mine, but their lack of communication was unprofessional.
A couple of months ago I would have been on the band wagon of Hip, Hip Hooray for STN however, lately they NEVER respond to email. Communication is a must for me I cannot read minds. Payment has always been on-time. However, I did an out of state assignment (I travel a lot) and they were renovating the store, so I mentioned they did not have a fish market because of the renovation. Well, they did not pay me because I did not talk to the employee who was at the fish market. I find that just dumb. They continually send me these messages with 'great' bonuses of $1. and actually expect me to reply. Negotiations on bonuses were good, however, what did they do go and hire from class of 2013 dumb, dumbs! <finished venting>
Savana23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A couple of months ago I would have been on the
> band wagon of Hip, Hip Hooray for STN however,
> lately they NEVER respond to email. Communication
> is a must for me I cannot read minds. Payment has
> always been on-time. However, I did an out of
> state assignment (I travel a lot) and they were
> renovating the store, so I mentioned they did not
> have a fish market because of the renovation.
> Well, they did not pay me because I did not talk
> to the employee who was at the fish market. I
> find that just dumb. They continually send me
> these messages with 'great' bonuses of $1. and
> actually expect me to reply. Negotiations on
> bonuses were good, however, what did they do go
> and hire from class of 2013 dumb, dumbs!

Just a thought...I would have taken a picture of the "renovations" and sent it to them smiling smiley
STN is pretty good, and I have had them waive rotations, plus give bonuses when requested.
elcarev68 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, folks, but I've got to say that STN has
> been great to me. My state's scheduler is very
> good with communications, great with offering
> incentives as the month progresses, and fair as
> far as first replied = first scheduled for
> locations. I've only received follow-up
> communications from them seeking more information
> twice out of about 250 shops that I've done for
> them over the past three years, and both times it
> turned out good. Crazy good STN experience... I
> traveled 150 miles round trip to redo a shop where
> I used the wrong scenario at this one location in
> a multi-shop route, but props to STN in that they
> gave me a chance to fix it, and my scheduler wound
> up convincing the client to pay for the wrong
> scenario report as well.
elcarev68 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, folks, but I've got to say that STN has
> been great to me. My state's scheduler is very
> good with communications, great with offering
> incentives as the month progresses, and fair as
> far as first replied = first scheduled for
> locations. I've only received follow-up
> communications from them seeking more information
> twice out of about 250 shops that I've done for
> them over the past three years, and both times it
> turned out good. Crazy good STN experience... I
> traveled 150 miles round trip to redo a shop where
> I used the wrong scenario at this one location in
> a multi-shop route, but props to STN in that they
> gave me a chance to fix it, and my scheduler wound
> up convincing the client to pay for the wrong
> scenario report as well.

I have to agree with you. I've been working for STN almost two yr. now. And I have, on a few occasions, mistakenly done the wrong scenario and my scheduler has willing pulled the shop and re-posted it giving me the opportunity to get it correct and not having a rejection in my profile because I had done the wrong shop.
There is significant movement afoot in STN's scheduling department, and it appears to be resulting in late replies to shoppers.
Mantis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm neither a hater nor a groupie of Second to
> None, but I did have a shop report rejected a few
> months back, which they never communicated to me.
> I was not aware of the situation until months
> later, when I sought an answer for why I wasn't
> paid. The mistake in the report was mine, but
> their lack of communication was unprofessional.


Totally agree, their communication is just terrible. I have slacked off with them. Primarily because of the lack of communication and really they have some assignments that are the same as another company and the other company pays much more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login