Let me tell you how shady Intelli-shop is

On 2-25 at 10:27am I accepted a shop that was due 2 hours prior at 8:45. Now of course I cant go back in time to do the shop as it wasn't even on my job board when it was due. So on that day, at like 10:30 am, the 25th, I then emailed Intelli-shop asking if I could do this shop tomorrow, the 26th, NO RESPONSE. First thing in the morning on the 26th since I still haven't gotten a response I emailed again asking if I could do it again on the 27th, NO RESPONSE. Later in the day on the 26th I then get an email saying IF I DONT REPORT THIS SHOP I WILL BE CONSIDERED A FLAKE. At this point YOUR COMPANY IS THE FLAKE. The I get another email after that asking WHEN CAN I DO THE SHOP. I replied tomorrow. So I did the shop this morning. Then when I get home they are questioning the shop's update, um you stupid people I just replied YESTERDAY that I would do it this morning and I just did it like an hour ago.. I emailed them what the problem was, THEM. So then they cancelled my shop so I couldn't enter it or report it. Offered me the shop for this month with no bonus and a sh*tty little pay. AS IF. Um, sometimes you need to interview people that HAVE NOT been dabbling in the same gene pool for 8 generations.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

I have shopped for Intellishop for years and have never had a problem. They always paid as quoted and have been available to help when I have questions.
Intelli is not my favorite by far but I have never had a problem. I don't do a lot for them but every time I do there seems to be an issue... up to this point they have been small but there will be a day... I'm sure of it!

For the company, I have always gotten paid on time and the small issues were handled in a very short time.

O.o o.O

Happily shopping New England and beyond!!!!!
Warning: This User Has Been Banned or Is No Longer Active
I'm glad this board exists as I was thinking of signing up with Intelli-Shop and due to the comments - not just on this thread - in regards to Intelli-Shop I think I'll spare myself some grief and pass.
Sheesh, Zipper, I too have done many shops for Intellishop (over 150 shops) with no problems, but that doesn't mean that Elijah's grievance is unwarranted. It sounds like a major flugup on their part. Eeks squireparty, I would be wary too, and Elijah, I would definitely forward your previously sent emails to the scheduler and all other parties at Intellishop you can get emails to with a detailed explanation of what transpired. They need to know that THEY screwed up and you definitely should get paid for your work.
had that problem with another MSC. but i sent them a "my next email is going to be nasty if you don't fix this email." and i got an apology and they fixed it. they tried dock my pay for "completing late." i literally accepted the shop at 10am. finished it at 11:30am and had results in by 3pm. someone had put the wrong date in on their end... but yeah. i got lucky with a MSC that actually reads their emails.
I have shopped for Intelli many times and many years. Never had a problem.

I would not recommend not using a company based on someone else experience.
Oh I explained it thoroughly, very detailed. What did they say? I can reschedule it for you, at the NEW MONTH'S shop fee of a whole 5.00, down from the 5.00 fee with a 35.00 BONUS. They are just skirting around the BONUS.
Don't base other shoppers experience on yours. I have been shopping for Intelli for years, with NO problems.
Clumsy, spamming, cheap? Usually.
Editing comments not connected to reality? Sometimes, recently getting better.
Insulting? Occasionally. Better get used to it if you are going to be a shopper.

I haven't seen anything I would call "shady". Not when compared to other allegedly ethical mscs.

If it's a new month, then they missed their deadline and you are sol.

~
up, up, down, down, left, right,left,right, B,A, start.
Just love your tag line Michael!

Intellishop have never stiffed me and have always paid on time but I just find them such an incredibly irritating company in general that I don't shop for them anymore. The example you cited Elijah doesn't surprise me at all.
elijahboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On 2-25 at 10:27am I accepted a shop that was due
> 2 hours prior at 8:45.

I'm a little confused. Did you, yourself, accept the shop after the time that it was due, or did they accept an earlier request from you for the shop, said acceptance coming after the shop was due?
I have seen several shops from them that have a due date that is past, or it's that day and it's 11pm. I actually wanted one once. It was the end of the month and they had a decent bonus on it. I didn't self assign because I didn't want it to go overdue. Waited the next morning before I left and it had been updated with a new due date and bigger bonus. smiling smiley

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
I accepted it after the due time....
a scheduler asked me a day later when I could do it
I replied the next day
so I did it the next day
I got an email asking why didn't I do my shop report at like 8am that morning
then about 10am I got an email saying they cancelled the shop from my job board that morning AFTER THEY ASKED WHEN I COULD DO IT
Thanks. I would not have signed up for it if the date and time were not actually possible to complete, but that doesn't seem to affect your experience since you spoke to a scheduler before completing the shop. Did you check your assignment date after you spoke to the scheduler? Was it the date you had agreed to?
My wife scheduled two similar shops on two different days (different locations).

The first one on Wednesday never gave her a receipt despite her request for one... not a problem, they set it up for her to re-shop later (heh... the coffee is good there anyways). Her 2nd one was scheduled for yesterday; so she did the shop and instead of them moving the first shop to 3/3/14, they moved the 2nd one to that date and left the other one at the old date. So she has her data to input for the 2nd shop, but can't input it because they moved the wrong shop.

Is their name an oxymoron? similar to jumbo shrimp or honest politician. Seriously.

Arguing with fools is like playing chess with a pigeon...
...No matter how good you are, the pigeon will s@^t on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Not scheduling for ANY company.


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2014 01:01PM by DanteInPA.
Agree with the OP, that was very poorly handled on the part of Intellishop. The people I have dealt with there have never tried to pull similar shenanigans. It seems like someone forgot to put a note on the shop that they had talked to you and/or someone should have changed the due date to reflect when it would actually be done.
Yes after THEY emailed me to ask when I could do the shop I replied tomorrow I asked them to change the date.
---------------------------------------------------
> Thanks. I would not have signed up for it if the
> date and time were not actually possible to
> complete, but that doesn't seem to affect your
> experience since you spoke to a scheduler before
> completing the shop. Did you check your
> assignment date after you spoke to the scheduler?
> Was it the date you had agreed to?
elijahboy, I saw your post on another feed about this issue. The main issue is because you accepted the shop after the deadline had passed and sent an email expecting to receive an answer within 10 minutes. You must keep in mind that each scheduler deals with thousands of shops and thousands of shoppers per day. As stated previously, on average our schedulers each receive about 400 emails per day. Because this set of shops' deadline was on the 25th, they were bombarded by emails from people asking to reschedule and cancel. If you ever need to know an answer to a question immediately, you need to call us. We will be more than happy to take your call.

When you accepted the shop, it looked like you had already completed it. Not to mention you sent multiple emails from multiple different email threads, so it was very confusing to the scheduler who was trying to juggle hundreds of other shoppers with your same issue. That is why you were asked if you completed it. When it was clear you did not complete it, that is when it was removed from you. I apologize for the emails with the flake citation reference. Our deadline to the client was the 25th, and since you had accepted the shop, we assumed that you had completed it and we needed the report in ASAP because the client expects to have them in hand within 12 hours after the shop was completed.

As for the bonus money, you asked to complete the shop after the deadline had already passed. The conditions of the bonus came with the expectation to complete and report on the shop before the deadline, and you asked after the deadline had already passed to reschedule. We lost our bonus money for the period and did not have $35 to offer you for the new period.

Please email or call your scheduler if you would like to continue to professionally sort this out.
Sarah,

As I've stated elsewhere, I personally have had no problems with IntelliShop, but primarily because I use the phone. I encourage everyone to use the phone for most shopping companies if there is something strange, such as this.

That said, do you really blame the shopper for the problems that resulted from Intellishop allowing a job to be accepted after it is due that was still on the job board? Why not pull the shops if they have passed their due date, or change the due date. But it seems silly that you are upset the shopper wasn't able to do it on the day she picked it up, which just so happened to be after it was due.
IntelliSara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you accepted the shop, it looked like you had
> already completed it.

I don't have words.....

There are reasons that a body stays in motion
At the moment only demons come to mind
In sorting out the details...
The OP really should not have signed up for a shop with an expired deadline. But I can see wanting to try, because you never know.
The MSC should make sure shops automatically drop off the board as soon as they expire.
The scheduler seems to have thought the OP wanted the March assignment, since the deadline for February's bonused assignment had passed. The OP thought that the scheduler was offering to still schedule the bonused February shop. Same client, same location, but different months, ergo two different assignments, even though each thought they were both talking about the same assignment.
Here's my remaining confusion...
1) Sara wrote, "The main issue is because you accepted the shop after the deadline had passed..."
The OP said that the OP requested the shop after the deadline. Did both occur after the deadline, request and accept? Really gotta fix that, MSC. It's one thing for a shop to still show up after the deadline, but why would a request be approved after the deadline?
2) Sara wrote, "When you accepted the shop, it looked like you had already completed it." Why? That needs to be fixed, too.
3) Sara wrote, "Not to mention you sent multiple emails from multiple different email threads." I don't think that's an effective way to get heard, but the OP was probably feeling desperate to get an answer and just kept trying every email avenue available to see if one could get through. And, yep, calling on the phone would have been, and still is, the answer.
But Sara, how did you know this part? The OP hasn't mentioned pursuing multiple email threads.
How many times does someone accept a shop AFTER completing it? I guess it could happen, but it doesn't seem it would happen very often.

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
"I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag." -Molly Ivins
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
I find they don't usually pay very well, which is why I pass on most of their shops these days, but I've never had any problems with them.
I do all of my shops before they are listed... that way when they come up, I already have the report completed.

Shelly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do all my shops before I accept them. That way I
> don't have access to the guidelines, so don't need
> to be bothered by those either. I just make up my
> own and assume it will all be good. smiling smiley

Arguing with fools is like playing chess with a pigeon...
...No matter how good you are, the pigeon will s@^t on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Not scheduling for ANY company.
I've actually done all the mystery shopping I plan to do for the rest of my life. I'm just waiting for an MSC to offer a shop at these places.

I agree that Sarah's explanation of thinking the OP already did the shop when it was just accepted seems odd. And according to the OP, he waited a day for a response, not 10 minutes. This explanation is raising more eyebrows for me than answering questions. I understand he could have called instead and the schedulers were overwhelmed, but it doesn't explain why a scheduler would think a just accepted shop was completed.
IntelliSara is right. Try calling. After trying to reach Heather via email for almost a month, I finally gave up and called. My punishment was being blacklisted on that particular assignment by Heather saying that I was "spotted" as a mystery shopper. 100% did not happen. I have written several emails and called with regards to this and no one did anything and I am still not allowed to go to that particular location. I am not the only one who has this complaint with respect to Intelli-Shop.

Do I still shop for them? Sometimes, it depends on the scheduler.
no missy let me correct you
I emailed on the 25th as well as the 26th....FAR from the 10 minutes I expect, TRY 24 HOURS PLUS AN EXTRA 10 MINUTES, so a day and 10 minutes.
Because I accepted the shop you say...I was ABLE TO ACCEPT it because it was on the job board, UNTIL THE 27TH. I emailed FROM THE HELP LINK ON THE SHOP. When I FINALLY got a reply, I then replied THROUGH MY EMAIL. The initial contact was done through the link on the shop. How confusing was that? an email from the email on my account and YOUR OWN LINK.
So what your saying is that LOTS OF PEOPLE inquired about this shop? but two days later it was still on the board. How dare all of those shoppers email you about jobs ON YOUR JOB BOARD.
How in the h*ll does it look like I did the shop because I accepted it? that's crazy and only logical if you had some photos of me in front of the building...
Wrong, none emailed me to ask when I HAD completed it NO NO NO I was asked when I COULD COMPLETE IT..
If we are going to tell it, lets tell it the correct way.


IntelliSara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> elijahboy, I saw your post on another feed about
> this issue. The main issue is because you accepted
> the shop after the deadline had passed and sent an
> email expecting to receive an answer within 10
> minutes. You must keep in mind that each scheduler
> deals with thousands of shops and thousands of
> shoppers per day. As stated previously, on average
> our schedulers each receive about 400 emails per
> day. Because this set of shops' deadline was on
> the 25th, they were bombarded by emails from
> people asking to reschedule and cancel. If you
> ever need to know an answer to a question
> immediately, you need to call us. We will be more
> than happy to take your call.
>
> When you accepted the shop, it looked like you had
> already completed it. Not to mention you sent
> multiple emails from multiple different email
> threads, so it was very confusing to the scheduler
> who was trying to juggle hundreds of other
> shoppers with your same issue. That is why you
> were asked if you completed it. When it was clear
> you did not complete it, that is when it was
> removed from you. I apologize for the emails with
> the flake citation reference. Our deadline to the
> client was the 25th, and since you had accepted
> the shop, we assumed that you had completed it and
> we needed the report in ASAP because the client
> expects to have them in hand within 12 hours after
> the shop was completed.
>
> As for the bonus money, you asked to complete the
> shop after the deadline had already passed. The
> conditions of the bonus came with the expectation
> to complete and report on the shop before the
> deadline, and you asked after the deadline had
> already passed to reschedule. We lost our bonus
> money for the period and did not have $35 to offer
> you for the new period.
>
> Please email or call your scheduler if you would
> like to continue to professionally sort this out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2014 12:19PM by elijahboy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login