Market Force New Normal Late again

@iblori wrote:

What is involved in a revealed audit? Are there a lot of photos? They're only offering them for $10 and nobody is taking them in my area. And all the stations here have stores.

Yes. If you've never done one, expect 45 minutes- an hour on site. And the report is a stinker.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@ceasesmith wrote:

@iblori wrote:

What is involved in a revealed audit? Are there a lot of photos? They're only offering them for $10 and nobody is taking them in my area. And all the stations here have stores.

Yes. If you've never done one, expect 45 minutes- an hour on site. And the report is a stinker.

One might notice, depending on where you are, the tax audits that are up to a $150 fee and reimbursement of $409.95 (despite still having in last column "Changed Fee! Up to $350 in tax prep!!" Now, does that mean the reimbursement is for the tax prep, plus what? Why are these puppies sitting there with from what I see, no or almost no takers?

It is so easy to understand, in my view. There are in most general terms two groups of people who will tend to shop for a so called 'bargain basement' concern in the MSP realm:

1) People who consider their own time to be worth next to nothing. Unlikely many of these people have a tax situation that would even require filing, much less need $400+- in tax preparation services!

2) People who get paid to do it for the purpose of keeping an eye on things by the client companies and competitors and so forth. The eyes and ears, so to speak.

Bottom line, all too often MSC's will, if they can, literally take advantage of their contractors and their clients in the effort to make a buck. This is not necessarily sustainable, eventually the situation might reach a point of criticality, and the independent contractor 'victimization' baloney will become subplanted by a more sustainable model in which a person providing the services gets paid a reasonable amount for said services. Many MSC's in their current form could not survive this, even if they wanted to, and they of course do not want to, it means they profit so much less on the backs of 'poor innocent shoppers.'

The old adage, you get what you pay for, comes to mind. If you dunna pay for it, you dunna get it. When the mentality of more shoppers gets to that point, the MSC's who are engaged in unsustainable modalities will adapt and overcome, or they will go the way of the dinosaur.
Please be advised that Shopper Payments are expected to go out on February 22nd this month and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are committed to returning to the consistent payment approach that we have followed throughout our company’s history and that you have come to expect as a valued shopper.
Hmm. I might take one of my kids to do a tax shop. I know that I can't do one, since I have a whole pile of 1099's from MSC's, including MarketForce.

They do this shop every year. Every year they get the same bonuses. Nothing has changed.
I have not looked at this thread for a long time but since it is still around and still growing I decided to look at the last page and see what is still so enticing about this thread. I do not shop much for MF so I cannot comment on what is happening to their jobs. All I know is that the last time I looked at their site they had a healthy number of jobs listed. And I bid $10 more on a job that usually pays $25 (high end store) and was due that day...they turned me down and suggested I take it at the regular fee. So from my end here nothing has changed. They may have lost a big client or two but doesn't that happen to almost all msc when contracts come up? They may wallow for a bit if that happens
My reaction to the last page was " what the heck is going on with this thread?" So I looked at another page. I think I am reading about aliens landing or something.
@ceasesmith wrote:

@iblori wrote:

What is involved in a revealed audit? Are there a lot of photos? They're only offering them for $10 and nobody is taking them in my area. And all the stations here have stores.

Yes. If you've never done one, expect 45 minutes- an hour on site. And the report is a stinker.

If it takes you that long just to walk around and take a dozen pictures, something's wrong.
I saw the shops in my area going for a $12 fee. I offered $13 and was declined. LOL Fine, I'll just wait until the offer hits around $20. I know the area and know no one will take the shop.
@johnb974 wrote:

I saw the shops in my area going for a $12 fee. I offered $13 and was declined. LOL Fine, I'll just wait until the offer hits around $20. I know the area and know no one will take the shop.

This makes me wonder if they are having financial problems. I asked for $1 more on the shop and was declined.
@johnb974 wrote:

@johnb974 wrote:

I saw the shops in my area going for a $12 fee. I offered $13 and was declined. LOL Fine, I'll just wait until the offer hits around $20. I know the area and know no one will take the shop.

This makes me wonder if they are having financial problems. I asked for $1 more on the shop and was declined.

I wonder about the make me an offer too. My offer was much higher than yours. I am wondering if the system automatically puts up the make me an offer icon when the shop date is looming. In my large city most shops get taken eventually so perhaps they just ignore the offers here. Or perhaps they only have to fill a percentage of that particular shop so they ignore the make me an offer offers.
@thegov2k2 wrote:

@ceasesmith wrote:

@iblori wrote:

What is involved in a revealed audit? Are there a lot of photos? They're only offering them for $10 and nobody is taking them in my area. And all the stations here have stores.

Yes. If you've never done one, expect 45 minutes- an hour on site. And the report is a stinker.

If it takes you that long just to walk around and take a dozen pictures, something's wrong.

I was addressing someone who has not yet performed a gas station audit.

Sure, after you've done some, it's much faster.

And I rarely get out of an audit with fewer than 35 photos, and often much closer to 100.

Maybe that's why I keep picking up routes other shoppers had -- the schedulers tell me they want ME to do the audits, not the guy who was "in and out in 5 minutes flat".

I have done hundreds, for several different MSCs. And I STILL count on at least half an hour on-site.
According to my log, my last gas station was for Maritz in 2014. It required a 70+ mile round trip, with a total, including the report, of about three hours. The pay was a flat $95, with the purchase requirement factored into the fee. The kicker was the job was not assigned until that morning, the claim was another shopper had flaked, with a completion due that afternoon. To avoid any errors, I worked quite slowly.
@ceasesmith wrote:

@thegov2k2 wrote:

@ceasesmith wrote:

@iblori wrote:

What is involved in a revealed audit? Are there a lot of photos? They're only offering them for $10 and nobody is taking them in my area. And all the stations here have stores.

Yes. If you've never done one, expect 45 minutes- an hour on site. And the report is a stinker.

If it takes you that long just to walk around and take a dozen pictures, something's wrong.

I was addressing someone who has not yet performed a gas station audit.

Sure, after you've done some, it's much faster.

And I rarely get out of an audit with fewer than 35 photos, and often much closer to 100.

Maybe that's why I keep picking up routes other shoppers had -- the schedulers tell me they want ME to do the audits, not the guy who was "in and out in 5 minutes flat".

I have done hundreds, for several different MSCs. And I STILL count on at least half an hour on-site.

Ever hear of Jeff Foxworthy, and his quips about how "you might be a rednick if?" Ok, I have one for you, you might be overqualified to be an IC if you do work so good that people want you to do it for them. Hats off to you. I'm willing to bet you'd be the kind of business owner I'd want to serve, were I not practically retired...
Umm- you think Army Intelligence is spying on MF?

@ap7isback wrote:


My 'theory' is that some, perhaps many, are paying attention to what is and is not going on, and yes, eyes and ears are all over the place. Who knows how many ex Military spooks are out there keeping an eye out for stuff? Wanna have some fun as a sideline, check out this location, and no, you'll not see anything you're not allowed to see, I promise you!

31°33′19″N 110°20′59″W
@ceasesmith wrote:

@thegov2k2 wrote:

@ceasesmith wrote:

@iblori wrote:

What is involved in a revealed audit? Are there a lot of photos? They're only offering them for $10 and nobody is taking them in my area. And all the stations here have stores.

Yes. If you've never done one, expect 45 minutes- an hour on site. And the report is a stinker.

If it takes you that long just to walk around and take a dozen pictures, something's wrong.

I was addressing someone who has not yet performed a gas station audit.

Sure, after you've done some, it's much faster.

And I rarely get out of an audit with fewer than 35 photos, and often much closer to 100.

Maybe that's why I keep picking up routes other shoppers had -- the schedulers tell me they want ME to do the audits, not the guy who was "in and out in 5 minutes flat".

I have done hundreds, for several different MSCs. And I STILL count on at least half an hour on-site.

That's overkill, but you're free to do jobs as you see fit. For the record, I get asked to do gas station audits too. I just don't ever need more than 20 minutes or so. I guess I'm just that good.
Has anyone else had shops automatically approved lately? Ive had 4 shops approved the second I submitted them this week. Not that Im complaining, but why is this happening?
Same thing happened to me last week - 1 was approved even before the receipt was. They were all bonused shops so they might have been re-posted. IMO, I think these particular reports needed to be sent to the clients ASAP. Were yours bonused also?
At least, they came out in front of it. I just realized that this was a quote from MarketForce's home page:

@bmttinman wrote:

Please be advised that Shopper Payments are expected to go out on February 22nd this month and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are committed to returning to the consistent payment approach that we have followed throughout our company’s history and that you have come to expect as a valued shopper.
I’m happy to hear this is happening to others this week.. I also had the automatic approvals on a few shops right when I clicked submit and I’ve never seen this before.. I was wondering if other people were seeing this too or maybe they have done this all along and I’m just now seeing it for some reason?

@MrsChaney wrote:

Has anyone else had shops automatically approved lately? Ive had 4 shops approved the second I submitted them this week. Not that Im complaining, but why is this happening?
Some thing is definitely wrong. I’m still waiting for December’s payment and now Januarys. They’ve weaved quite a story as to why I still haven’t been paid for December. Yes I am concerned This is definitely out of character for them. I’ve seen it before with other companies as they slowly sink financially.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 06:48AM by Jacqui.
@Jacqui wrote:

Some thing is definitely wrong. I’m still waiting for December’s payment and now Januarys. They’ve weaved quite a story as to why I still haven’t been paid for December. Yes I am concerned This is definitely out of character for them. I’ve seen it before with other companies as they slowly sink financially.

Do you mean you are waiting for the January payment for December shops? Or that you are waiting for the payment December payment for November shops that most of us got 12/14? December shops paid for me on 1/18. If you have not received either of those payments, it appears that something is seriously wrong and it may be just you. It sounds as though others have all been paid. Do you get direct deposit? Have you checked your bank? Do you get a check? Might the checks be getting lost or stolen? What answers are you getting from Market Force?
Canadian payments for shops completed in December were just paid today to my account. It isn't just Jacqui.
I may not have been clear about which payments I have yet to receive. For that I apologize. I am missing the payment I would normally have received in January for shops I did in December. It is pushing a month overdue. I am not holding my breath that I will get the money or the payment for my February work anytime soon. Yes of course I checked my bank account for the deposit. Initially MF did not connect with me about their non-payment but did reply to my inquiry with a story about banking rules being changed in Canada. Sometime after I received an email to say their accounting department has it figured out now and payment would be received in a day or so. Time passed, no money received but another email arrived with a story about their Canadian bank not accepting the payments (?). The email of Feb. 5th also said they would try again that day. Nothing received and nothing more heard from them. In one of my emails to MF I suggested they just pay me by check. That request was unacknowledged by them. What I find concerning is no other MS I work with seems to have a problem making a direct deposit into my account. Seeing MF's announcement that the February payments will be delayed is another reason I am not getting a good feeling.
So is this just Canadians? Are US payments being made but not Canadian payments? Anyone in the US not been paid their direct deposit?
@thegov2k2 wrote:

@ceasesmith wrote:

@thegov2k2 wrote:

@ceasesmith wrote:

@iblori wrote:

What is involved in a revealed audit? Are there a lot of photos? They're only offering them for $10 and nobody is taking them in my area. And all the stations here have stores.

Yes. If you've never done one, expect 45 minutes- an hour on site. And the report is a stinker.

If it takes you that long just to walk around and take a dozen pictures, something's wrong.

I was addressing someone who has not yet performed a gas station audit.

Sure, after you've done some, it's much faster.

And I rarely get out of an audit with fewer than 35 photos, and often much closer to 100.

Maybe that's why I keep picking up routes other shoppers had -- the schedulers tell me they want ME to do the audits, not the guy who was "in and out in 5 minutes flat".

I have done hundreds, for several different MSCs. And I STILL count on at least half an hour on-site.

That's overkill, but you're free to do jobs as you see fit. For the record, I get asked to do gas station audits too. I just don't ever need more than 20 minutes or so. I guess I'm just that good.

And it may just be that you are more physically able than am I. I am old, I am slow, I am careful. I am also 100% disabled; although I am not in a wheelchair, I cannot stay on my feet for more than 20 minutes, or walk more than 2 blocks without resting. So I do have to take "breaks" on some shops, which may mean I am on-site longer than most shoppers.

I have had schedulers tell me they truly appreciate my thoroughness. For example, I did a gas station that was in a Historical Landmark building. Because of that standing, which prevents the owner from changing the exterior of the building without enormous financial investment in legal fees and so on, I had to spend a long time on site. I also explained in the reports about Historical Landmarks, and why the business could NOT meet the brand requirements. Just as an example, they were not ALLOWED to put up the required signage. I had taken over 100 photographs to document everything. I submitted those required, but when the scheduler or editor asked for more, I submitted all of them. And they then told me no other shopper had EVER reported that the building was an Historical Landmark building, and they had never had such a substantial and appreciated report.

Maybe I am overqualified; maybe you just are that good.

You being that good does not preclude the possibility that I, too, am that good. And that many -- perhaps thousands or even hundreds of thousands -- of other shoppers are also that good.
Just a post to say MF did something contrary to all the posts above. I signed up for a phone shop due on the 6th, but the targeted website was experiencing a problem and I couldn't complete the form. Contacted the Help Desk and heard nothing. The next day I got an email saying it was overdue, and the only option was to cancel it. The next day I got an email apologizing for their lack of response and saying the problem had been reported to the client and was fixed. The shop went back on the board FOR THREE DOLLARS MORE. I took it and just completed it. BTW Not happy that I'll be paid on the 22nd. That will be after I get my check from Strategic Reflections which is always the latest of my midmonth payments. NOT ANY MORE!
@kryswyn916 wrote:

Just a post to say MF did something contrary to all the posts above. I signed up for a phone shop due on the 6th, but the targeted website was experiencing a problem and I couldn't complete the form. Contacted the Help Desk and heard nothing. The next day I got an email saying it was overdue, and the only option was to cancel it. The next day I got an email apologizing for their lack of response and saying the problem had been reported to the client and was fixed. The shop went back on the board FOR THREE DOLLARS MORE. I took it and just completed it. BTW Not happy that I'll be paid on the 22nd. That will be after I get my check from Strategic Reflections which is always the latest of my midmonth payments. NOT ANY MORE!

Oh lord... We did the same shop. That was a nightmare! I had schedulers telling me I was doing it wrong. I even submitted screenshots to show that there was an issue. Still, the blame was bounced back to me and I was told to reschedule the shop.

Finally, after much trying, on the day that the shop was rescheduled to, I was able to do it on Chrome through Incognito mode, as "regular" Chrome was causing me to not get the correct form.

The reactions from Help Desk left a bad taste in my mouth. For the fee, it was NOT worth it.
On Feb 12 I have finally received my 1099. I thought there was a law that they had to mail them by the end of Janurary. I couldn't tell the day it was mailed. Any one else that hadn't received theirs got it yet?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login