New email from IPSOS

I received and E-mail today from IPSOS regarding something referred to as "I Shop Safe Certification". Since it did not give much information, I'm wondering if anyone has clicked on the link and take the certification. If so, what was it like?

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

It has a guidelines PDF and a short quiz. The only reason I didn't complete it is because you have to upload a photo of yourself wearing a cloth mask and I don't have one. There's a link to a Youtube video that shows you how to make one.
I completed the full quizz, was ready to upload my photo and then realized that it has to be a cloth mask!. I am so annoyed. I do not have cloth one and now I have to track around the house something to make up one. I have gazillions of surgical masks and those are the ones I use (In the pre-virus life I used to do a hospital related shop so I would always grab 3-4 masks from the lobby stand, to keep for painting and sanding tasks and I realized I had about 30+ of those while I was looking- many shops I guess).
I took it without bothering to look at the video rules first. I have no idea if I passed but I did have a photo of a cloth mask. Most of the questions were pretty easy but a few allowed multiple answers...some of those I was not positive about. If I really need to pass they will prob give me another chance.
My neighborhood council brought me a cloth mask a few weeks ago...some of the perks of being considered "elderly". Well now I know, depending on where you are you can be elderly at 60 or even sometimes 55.
I found some scraps of material a couple of weeks ago and made a mask for Hubby and one for me. Stuck it on my face, took the selfie, and sent the certification test off.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt
I do not do selfies. Ever. Period.

There was no one near to confuse me, so I became original. - Franz Joseph Haydn
Kate, I imagine yours is just as good or even better. I would go ahead and do it!

@KateH wrote:

I completed the full quizz, was ready to upload my photo and then realized that it has to be a cloth mask!. I am so annoyed. I do not have cloth one and now I have to track around the house something to make up one. I have gazillions of surgical masks and those are the ones I use (In the pre-virus life I used to do a hospital related shop so I would always grab 3-4 masks from the lobby stand, to keep for painting and sanding tasks and I realized I had about 30+ of those while I was looking- many shops I guess).
Do you have a bandana? You can make a mask from one. Just fold it and tie it in the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 05:15PM by iblori.
I use a bandana. I keep one in the car.

@panama18 wrote:

The only reason I didn't complete it is because you have to upload a photo of yourself wearing a cloth mask and I don't have one.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I guess it's not much different from taking a picture of yourself wearing a safety vest. You could crop out the rest of your face and just leave a little skin or an ear showing.

sestrahelena
Followed the surgeons general video and did a quick one with a scarf and two mail elastic bands! Good enough for the photo.
Well, I took the quiz and sent in my mask photo. I wonder how long it takes to get a result.
@Shop-et-al wrote:

I do not do selfies. Ever. Period.
My N-95 mask plus sunglasses covers my entire face so good luck to those employees who like to play the guessing game.
@panama18 wrote:

It has a guidelines PDF and a short quiz. The only reason I didn't complete it is because you have to upload a photo of yourself wearing a cloth mask and I don't have one. There's a link to a Youtube video that shows you how to make one.
I only have medical grade masks. And since I am in a hot zone, I will not wear a homemade cloth mask. If they do not want to accept me for wearing a N-95 mask, then so be it.
I'm with Shop-et-al on this one. What is the point of this request? I am not about to provide a selfie to any MSC just to continue to conduct assignments.
Personally, I just have a problem with the vanity and self-importance of the whole selfie culture. I was in my car pre-Rona in front of a gas station restaurant watching some girl trying various poses and taking pictures of herself for about 15 minutes. I really just wanted to go in, slap her and tell her that nobody wants to see her ugly butt-face no matter what angle she picks. Such conceit!

sestrahelena


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2020 09:17PM by sestrahelena.
And a scarf, and a wig, and a hat.

I saw a guy in the grocery store the other day who looked like he was all tricked out for a moon walk. High risk, maybe, or lives with someone who is. Hey, I don't judge, but you don't see that kind of outfit every day.

@LuvsTraveling wrote:

@Shop-et-al wrote:

I do not do selfies. Ever. Period.
My N-95 mask plus sunglasses covers my entire face so good luck to those employees who like to play the guessing game.
I got an email saying I did not pass. It gave me a list of things to do regarding the mask. I have no idea what was wrong with my mask photo. It met all the requirements.
@whiterosie wrote:

I got an email saying I did not pass. It gave me a list of things to do regarding the mask. I have no idea what was wrong with my mask photo. It met all the requirements.
I got the same exact email. I use N95 masks because I am required to. I find it funny that they do not want me working for them because I have higher quality masks. I did not work for Ipsos before and this just confirms that I have made the right decision. Good luck to the rest of you! Ha, ha, ha.
I failed as well. So, this time, I recorded my answers. It would make it much easier as well as instructive if they did like the Maritz shop quizzes and showed the incorrect answers.
The selfie requirement has nothing to do with vanity. There are legitimate reasons why they require a photo. They want proof that we have a cloth mask we can wear on shops and that we know how to wear one properly.

I submitted one photo and they rejected it. Based on what they said in their email, I suspect they erred and thought I was wearing a surgical or N-95 mask. I was not. I was wearing a mask with a venting valve, though. I have many different types of masks. So, I chose another mask that was not only made of cloth but looked like it was made of cloth. I took another selfie with this cloth mask and submitted the test again. I did that less than 24 hours ago and hope to hear from them again soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 01:12PM by BusyBeeBuzzBuzzBuzz.
For my first (failed) attempt, it took one business day.

@French Farmer wrote:

Well, I took the quiz and sent in my mask photo. I wonder how long it takes to get a result.
Wow. Did you grab loads of napkins, condiment packets, and plastic utensils to take home, too, on fast food and casual dining shops?

@KateH wrote:

I completed the full quizz, was ready to upload my photo and then realized that it has to be a cloth mask!. I am so annoyed. I do not have cloth one and now I have to track around the house something to make up one. I have gazillions of surgical masks and those are the ones I use (In the pre-virus life I used to do a hospital related shop so I would always grab 3-4 masks from the lobby stand, to keep for painting and sanding tasks and I realized I had about 30+ of those while I was looking- many shops I guess).
That probably won't work. They don't want us to wear surgical masks on their shops.

@JASFLALMT wrote:

Kate, I imagine yours is just as good or even better. I would go ahead and do it!

@KateH wrote:

I completed the full quizz, was ready to upload my photo and then realized that it has to be a cloth mask!. I am so annoyed. I do not have cloth one and now I have to track around the house something to make up one. I have gazillions of surgical masks and those are the ones I use (In the pre-virus life I used to do a hospital related shop so I would always grab 3-4 masks from the lobby stand, to keep for painting and sanding tasks and I realized I had about 30+ of those while I was looking- many shops I guess).
@LuvsTraveling wrote:

@whiterosie wrote:

I got an email saying I did not pass. It gave me a list of things to do regarding the mask. I have no idea what was wrong with my mask photo. It met all the requirements.
I got the same exact email. I use N95 masks because I am required to. I find it funny that they do not want me working for them because I have higher quality masks. I did not work for Ipsos before and this just confirms that I have made the right decision. Good luck to the rest of you! Ha, ha, ha.

While we are off i pledged to work on my storage space to throw stuff away, donate and last chance to see stuff i havent needed for the past year. I found 2 full boxes of gloves and 2 full boxes of N95 masks. I dont remember where i got the gloves but the "evil energy" company i worked for gave us boxes of masks as part of safety equipment to keep us safe while cutting grass. When i found tbe masks i thought perfect for the selfie. Now i have to go back and bring my sewing machine to make some masks. I did find a lot of cute fabric i was going to use to make a quilt so there's that.
I wear the approved mask, and not a cloth mask, as I am in a high risk area and also a senior. It seems silly to want a pic of a shopper wearing a bandanna as opposed to proper safe masks. If I pass the test, but opt for better mask protection, this should not disqualify me from shopping. Ipsos needs to change this or lose shoppers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 04:17PM by SS4U.
They a bunch of questions about infection control without providing any guidelines to review. There is a mention about some government website to review. You then take a quiz to get certified. You get a pass/fail grade and if you fail you are NOT told what you got wrong. This is a great way to learn the certificate content. You can not ask any questions about what you got wrong.
@gkarcher The guidelines are there. There is a link at the top of the survey. it is right above the space to enter the date. It has all the answers that are needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login