IPSOS SASSIE side shop excluded

I just wanted to warn other shoppers that IPSOS has a new project on the SASSIE side. It took them almost a week to inform me that I would not be paid and the job was excluded. I am now stuck with a box full of crap that I never would’ve ordered.
No response from the editors, but I was very careful to follow the guidelines. Clearly, the risk wasn’t worth it. My best guess is that something was auto populated from my phone since everything tends to be linked even when you unlink it.

All screenshots were correctly performed. I also had to convert them from PNG files to JPEG files, which took an extra five minutes just to upload. I had to upload them to 3D paint and do the conversion. So if you’re not tech savy, this might not be a good shop for you either. sad smiley

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Oh wow, thanks for the headsup!!! Very odd indeed. I know that their guidelines are often screwy. Curious what kind of "crap" you are stuck with, anything you can resell on ebay?
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Oh wow, thanks for the headsup!!! Very odd indeed. I know that their guidelines are often screwy. Curious what kind of "crap" you are stuck with, anything you can resell on ebay?
Pretzels, hand soap, and fruit bars.
Lame website that I never would have used in a million years. I took me a half hour just to figure out what to buy. I was just saying yesterday that I have no idea why anyone would ever order from them.
That's a really odd assortment. I guess you can donate to a homeless shelter and write off on taxes.
I honestly just wanted to warn other shoppers because some of the websites are going to be full of overpriced junk that a shopper would normally not be ordering.
I printed out the guidelines and circled MY scenario, so I don't know how it could be wrong.
I would be really pissed if I had done 10 of these or more. One isn't a big deal.
I don't expect that they are going to let me fix it. I think after approximately 30,000 shops completed, this might be my fifth rejection?
Did you take screenshots of your guidelines before they have a chance to change them to suit the editor's rejection? You should send that to the scheduler and let them duke it out with the editor. What a bunch of BS!!!
Was this one of the Florida shops?

I got screwed by IPSOS on 3 contactless credit card shops. I escalated my complaint until I reached someone who will take action.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Yeah, I know I had some Presto shops, the gaming ones, where someone overseas apparently reviews them. I called the MSC handler and said.. I don't know why these are sent back for review. The pictures are clear, and while you can't see the individual signs, surely you guys know what the signs that you're looking for look like enough to know that they're not there... she overturned all of my "reviews" and approved them. She said they often send back for review and are far more persnickity than necessary.

I'd definitely not let it go. And if you had a print out of your guidelines, then I'd do what Jas said. Actually, I now save a copy of all of mine to a folder where I also save a copy of the report, if I can, and then the pictures, etc., just to be on the safe side.

Most of the people I've worked with at Ipsos have been pretty great. I have no done any of those Florida shops, because honestly, like I haven't had the extra money. I'd be seriously irked if I didn't get that reimbursement.
@HonnyBrown wrote:

Was this one of the Florida shops?

I got screwed by IPSOS on 3 contactless credit card shops. I escalated my complaint until I reached someone who will take action.
It sure was.
I just wanted to warn people that they could be out quite a bit of money if they are rejected.
Thanks for posting. I was looking at the possibilities for purchases and I don't want any of that stuff. I would be livid if I were out the reimbursement. So I'll focus on other things.
So you showed that to your scheduler and they didn't go to bat for you?

@SoCalMama wrote:

I printed out the guidelines and circled MY scenario, so I don't know how it could be wrong.
I would be really pissed if I had done 10 of these or more. One isn't a big deal.
I don't expect that they are going to let me fix it. I think after approximately 30,000 shops completed, this might be my fifth rejection?
@JASFLALMT wrote:

So you showed that to your scheduler and they didn't go to bat for you?

@SoCalMama wrote:

I printed out the guidelines and circled MY scenario, so I don't know how it could be wrong.
I would be really pissed if I had done 10 of these or more. One isn't a big deal.
I don't expect that they are going to let me fix it. I think after approximately 30,000 shops completed, this might be my fifth rejection?
She’s checking into it.
Why did the editor say it was rejected?

The 3 shops I did were removed from my board on the due date with no explanation. This was after I did the shops. The scheduler went radio silent.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
That really doesn't speak well for their platform/company overall. I mean, it sort of makes me hesitant to do any other work for them, even though I've had no problem thus far. I wonder if it's specific to that project and the people involved.
I think that the issue is project specific. I followed the directions, but the website did not behave the way that they expected it to behave. So, I won't get paid - not a big deal, but the other shops were removed on my request, which was going to be an issue. I'm not willing to keep trying (and wasting my money) to see if I can get it to work the way that they want it to work.

So, just be careful and make sure that you get the shop approved before you do a whole pile of them and have a disaster on your hands.
SoCal - I feel your pain...same thing happened to me. also, I am still trying to get someone (anyone) at IPSOS to respond to several, separate, "hold pay" issues that have been lingering. No response yet, and I would just like to make sure i understand their reasoning for not paying....I don't think I was wrong, but that could have been the case....I have explained myself several times, but no response....maybe its time to move on from ishopforipsos.com.
@SoCalMama wrote:

I think that the issue is project specific. I followed the directions, but the website did not behave the way that they expected it to behave. So, I won't get paid -

If you followed the directions then it should not be your fault and they should reimburse you for the required expenses. Are these the app shops? The whole point for them is to discover if there are bugs in the software like beta testers do. They are similar to the ones that another MS does for a major bank when they update their software.
@KateH wrote:

@SoCalMama wrote:

I think that the issue is project specific. I followed the directions, but the website did not behave the way that they expected it to behave. So, I won't get paid -

If you followed the directions then it should not be your fault and they should reimburse you for the required expenses. Are these the app shops? The whole point for them is to discover if there are bugs in the software like beta testers do. They are similar to the ones that another MS does for a major bank when they update their software.

I agree, but it is not the hill that I want to die on.

I don't want anyone to get stuck with a whole bunch of unpaid shops. I only had to eat one of them.
This is the app shop that pays $10 and reimburses up to $25? Regardless, it's quite disheartening to know that IPSOS is not following up (at all) for questionable shops AND flat-out rejecting shops a week later.

Thanks for the heads up @SoCalMama !!!

This is a shop that's not worth the risk. Especially for shoppers who are just barely getting by month-month and hoping to earn a few bucks AND get reimbursed for daily essentials.

Shoppers beware, do not put out any money you can't afford to loose.
So Cal, hopefully when it is reviewed you will be made good. I applied for just a few but evidently someone took the ones that were interesting. Leftover was a bunch of sandwich shops downtown.I told the scheduler I was out of the delivery area. She suggested I go and pick them up instead. Oh yes, I will drive a 35 minutes to over an hour each way depending on traffic, pay $1.50 every 10 minutes to park just to pick up a couple of sandwiches from a place I never heard of. The reimbursement seems attractive provided the website is not overpriced and it is something you actually want but now they are on my 10- foot pole.
@sandyf wrote:

So Cal, hopefully when it is reviewed you will be made good. I applied for just a few but evidently someone took the ones that were interesting. Leftover was a bunch of sandwich shops downtown.I told the scheduler I was out of the delivery area. She suggested I go and pick them up instead. Oh yes, I will drive a 35 minutes to over an hour each way depending on traffic, pay $1.50 every 10 minutes to park just to pick up a couple of sandwiches from a place I never heard of. The reimbursement seems attractive provided the website is not overpriced and it is something you actually want but now they are on my 10- foot pole.
Nope. Not getting paid. I’m not able to fix the way the website reacted. As I said, it’s not the hill I’m going to die on, but I’m certainly not going to do anymore.
Oh, that sucks...almost as much as IPSOS does!

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
Yeah so far since I started shopping again back in August I have not seen anything from the IPSOS Sassie division or the other division that I have liked.
IPSOS is big, and they don't abide by the law. They 'dare' independent contractors to sue them. "Take it or leave it" ...Abide by our changing rules, or go f yourself......they are, and always have been, the devil's spawn.
Thanks for the heads-up. I applied for a handful of these, none of which were assigned to me. It looks like I dodged a bullet there.... I'll skip applying for them from now on.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Between this shop and the thread about the shop for sunglasses it seems some shops are getting really sketchy lately. We need to read every word of the guidelines.
When seasoned shoppers who we know have done hundreds or thousands of shops successfully are getting burned it is time to really be careful about accepting shops that seem "too good to be true." Yes, for me a $25 reimbursement for overpriced purchases with a fee of $10 for a shop I can do from home sounds like a windfall in this industry. And the other one with a fee of $55 and reimbursement of $65 also done at home sounds like a windfall compared to the usual shops of this type that pay less. I am comparing this to base fees and reimbursements, not bonused shops.
More pay, more risk...but in this case the pay may not be worth the risk.
I keep seeing these getting re-posted which most likely means that there are lots of rejections. sad smiley
Every time I apply for a shop with them they say that my score is below 4 and I do not qualify. I mean just what the heck I have been shopping for the company since 2014. Did they lose my shopper info when they bought the other company? They had a couple of shops that I would have liked to do but guess not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login