NSS...Out of business, Owner died/ For recapped short version see pinned thread on page 1 by LisaSTL

JAS,
Your concern about the money owed to you seems to be interfering with your usual good judgement by impelling you to bullying Irene. Please, just walk away from this thread and preserve your reputation for being a helpful member of the forums. Irene has explained why SHE does not see any jobs in California, so just let this pass. She clearly meant to support an entirely believable claim not to have worked for the MSC in question. She might turn out to be wrong, but your tone implies that either she is lying or incompetent. Irene is owed an apology on this one.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Wales, I understand what you are saying, but did you read the post where she wrote that she saw a shop in Big Bear, which was 100 miles from her? Then she wrote that there were no shops within 400 miles of her? And previously had written that NSSN had no shops in California? My intent was not to bully but to get to the bottom of this. I don't believe she is intentionally lying, nor do I believe she is incompetent as she would not be able to find work with any MSC if this was the case. However, I do believe she is confused about this particular issue, and if anyone had come into the thread without reading all the last several pages of posts, they might have believed they had a chance to get paid, and get paid by Howard Troxel of NSSN for NSS shops (before Amber's clarification on this). This would not be the first time that Irene has posted incorrect information in the forum, but not once has she ever admitted she was wrong about the information posted. I needed to know that there was no hope and not be strung along further, and wanted to make sure that the information was clear to everyone else who might stumble into the forum looking for payment from NSS. I am now convinced that I am not going to be paid by Howard for NSS jobs because Amber's clarification about the information put the matter to rest.

And for those of you who were harping about the "sweetie" thing, I am not a person to mince words and would not skirt around an issue by being subtly patronizing. You'll know it if I am patronizing or condescending because it will be boldly implicated. I posted my query in a gentle manner. Last couple of posts I've not been so gentle.
Since the pinned "Read this first" thread on NSS payment issues has been closed for comment, could an admin please post the most recent info from NSSN to avoid major confusion?

Joan Gingras
Senior Project Director~Inside Evaluator Brands/BarStoolie
joan@barstoolie.com
joan@insideevaluators.com
You might have to contact JacobJ via PM directly to have this addressed.

Going to get some housework done, have a good day, everyone!
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Wales, I understand what you are saying, but did you read the post where she wrote that she saw a shop in Big Bear, which was 100 miles from her? Then she wrote that there were no shops within 400 miles of her? And previously had written that NSSN had no shops in California? My intent was not to bully but to get to the bottom of this. I don't believe she is intentionally lying, nor do I believe she is incompetent as she would not be able to find work with any MSC if this was the case. However, I do believe she is confused about this particular issue, and if anyone had come into the thread without reading all the last several pages of posts, they might have believed they had a chance to get paid, and get paid by Howard Troxel of NSSN for NSS shops (before Amber's clarification on this). This would not be the first time that Irene has posted incorrect information in the forum, but not once has she ever admitted she was wrong about the information posted. I needed to know that there was no hope and not be strung along further, and wanted to make sure that the information was clear to everyone else who might stumble into the forum looking for payment from NSS. I am now convinced that I am not going to be paid by Howard for NSS jobs because Amber's clarification about the information put the matter to rest.

And for those of you who were harping about the "sweetie" thing, I am not a person to mince words and would not skirt around an issue by being subtly patronizing. You'll know it if I am patronizing or condescending because it will be boldly implicated. I posted my query in a gentle manner. Last couple of posts I've not been so gentle.
When I saw the job in Big Bear, I viewed a wider range,and saw the one that's all...the figure of speech, "Mountain out of a Molehill" comes to mind.....do yourself a favor and move on, unless you enjoy this nonsense.
Thx for the PM' in my favor.....

When you know better you do better....

Oprah


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 05:27PM by Irene_L.A..
@Irene_L.A. wrote:

For the 3rd time, NSSN has no jobs within my 30 mile radius, how is that lying....you need to shut up!! You seem to take a broad statement and dwell on it...if they have jobs in CA, say in No. CA (400 miles away), from where I sit, no jobs for me that I see on the board....fact or fiction, you be the judge....calling me a liar are fighting words,
and I think you, JAS are enjoying this drama, as you alway start it.

I never accused you of lying, just perhaps confused, and being older gives you no right to be so rude and tell people to shut up. I have never, ever told anyone in this forum to shut up and been so belligerent as you are being right now. I have not started any drama and it's not my style...and people who takes words as reason to "fight" people...well, I am not going to mince words on this one. Who says stuff like that, "fighting words"? That is a just a redneck attitude. Just because you are wrong about something doesn't give you the right to be mean and nasty to others. Now, if you don't like what I am saying because you are embarrassed, then just toggle me.
JAS,
This is NOT something that needs to be gotten "to the bottom of" as you put it. Enough is enough. More would be unnecessary harassment!

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
For the record, I did not PM either Irene or JAS.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

@Irene_L.A. wrote:

For the 3rd time, NSSN has no jobs within my 30 mile radius, how is that lying... You seem to take a broad statement and dwell on it...if they have jobs in CA, say in No. CA (400 miles away), from where I sit, no jobs for me that I see on the board....fact or fiction, you be the judge....calling me a liar are fighting words,
and I think you, JAS are enjoying this drama, as you alway start it.

I never accused you of lying, just perhaps confused, and being older gives you no right to be so rude and tell people to shut up. I have never, ever told anyone in this forum to shut up and been so belligerent as you are being right now. I have not started any drama and it's not my style...and people who takes words as reason to "fight" people...well, I am not going to mince words on this one. Who says stuff like that, "fighting words"? That is a just a redneck attitude. Just because you are wrong about something doesn't give you the right to be mean and nasty to others. Now, if you don't like what I am saying because you are embarrassed, then just toggle me.

When you know better you do better....

Oprah
Wales, the bottom had been reached when Amber clarified that Howard does not write checks for NSS and did not make payments on behalf of NSS.

I did not PM Irene. I did PM wales so I am not sure what Irene is referring to.

"Wales, I was not once rude to Irene. However, did you read this post?
[www.mysteryshopforum.com]
I'm the one who deserves an apology. I don't tell forum members to "shut up". I don't think you read through the last few pages completely. Being an older person does not give one an excuse to be rude to others and it does not excuse posting false information and stubbornly refusing to retract it. There are plenty of people in the 70s and 80s here who are quite sharp so I am not saying that because of her age she is incompetent, and again, I never said she was incompetent to begin with, merely that I believe she is confused about this particular situation. I wouldn't have a problem admitting I was wrong if I posted incorrect information, but I generally am very careful to make sure I get my facts straight before I post them in a public forum. Irene kept posting one thing and then contradicting it in another post, which was very confusing for me and for many others I am sure.

So I am going to do housework now since Amber has cleared up the confusion for me in a satisfactory manner. Have a good day."

So for those of you that think it's okay for forum members to tell others to "shut up", go right on with your bassackwards thinking. Can't fix that kind of mentality. Now can we please move on or do you really want to keep this going?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2017 06:02PM by JASFLALMT.
Well, I have not been notified of a PM but I will now look for one. However, I have said here all that I intend to say on this matter.

Based in MD, near DC
Shopping from the Carolinas to New York
Have video cam; will travel

Poor customer service? Don't get mad; get video.
My apologies, Wales, since Irene thanked me for a PM in her favor, I assumed you had shared it. I am sincerely sorry for my assumption.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Amber clarified that Howard does not write checks for NSS and did not make payments on behalf of NSS.

We had this information two pages ago. It would be great if everyone could stay focused.
Duly noted.

SoCalMama, how much are you owed, if you don't mind me asking, and was it for pizza shops? As far as I know, they haven't had any other clients in a very long time.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Duly noted.

SoCalMama, how much are you owed, if you don't mind me asking, and was it for pizza shops? As far as I know, they haven't had any other clients in a very long time.

Pizza shops only. I went through the records from the last few months. They were not consistent about posting check numbers. I don't know if that means I am owed more than one check. At worst, I am owed $60. At best, I am owed $30. ($10 for a pizza, $20 for a bonus). One mile away from work, so no big deal.

In my area, I did a watch repair shop where they mailed me a watch (worth about $10,000), I took it in, paid for the repair, which was about $250. I think that the fee was around $200 for that. That was paid in full motnhs before this all collapsed. They had a japanese grill shop for years. They also had cosmetics stuff in my area. Both of those were around until the end. I hadn't done the "sell your gold" shops for over a year. These were mostly "side jobs" to do when I was in town or having to drive somewhere for something else. I virtually never checked their job board and applied for anything in many years.

I really don't think that we need to wait for Irene to check her records. Her mistake. Similar name.
I remember the cosmetic shops. I enjoyed those, as they were bonused and I really liked the high-end cosmetics. Unfortunately, in my area, there was nothing but pizza for the past year or so. I remember some sunglasses shops in my area as well. It's a shame that it all fell apart. I really liked their schedulers and the work.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Sojo, you used to be witty and kind of funny. Lately you've been supercilious, heavy-handed, and negative--not witty, fun or interesting. It seems lately you have had no positive contributions to the forum. I think you need to start drinking again. Either that or you're just drinking way too much.

JASFLALMT, this was a very good comment you made to sojo, and I agreed with it. Sometimes we see things in someone else's posts but we don't see things in our own posts even when multiple posters tell us. It gives me pause, and I'm going to try to be a gentler poster. I hope you will, too.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

You might have to contact JacobJ via PM directly to have this addressed.

Going to get some housework done, have a good day, everyone!

Done...PM to Jacob, that is...not housework.

Joan Gingras
Senior Project Director~Inside Evaluator Brands/BarStoolie
joan@barstoolie.com
joan@insideevaluators.com
i think some people r missing the long winded food blogger & now starting drama w/other people. do we really cared who pmed whom or whom pmed who. i came herer to try to get answer about nssn. they r sending me bonus offers but i will skip them.
MSNinja - If you are getting bonus offers from NSSN, why would you skip them? NSSN is a bona fide company still in business and still posting and paying for their shops.
too much confuion or connection to nss. i dont feel like dealing w/possible nonpayment. ill make some other shoppers happy.
Yes, I would definitely give NSSN a shot, Ninja. I am really impressed with the professional manner in which Amber presented facts in this thread in such a helpful manner. I will start looking around the first of each month to see if they have anything in my city. I love bonused shops and am not worried in the least about non-payment with them. The deal with NSS was a tragic and unusual circumstance that I don't foresee happening again.
Just chiming in here - I've been emailing various people with NSS for the last month trying to get my payments (bout $80 worth) and it's been nothing but radio silence. I just found a Linked in profile for the president and CEO (Matt Wozniak) just now and sent him a message there.

Has anyone been paid for any shops completed in March or later??
mysterynewbie, I know going through the last 22 pages must have seemed like a crazy idea because there is just so much there! I hate to break the news to you, but what you missed is this: Matt Wozniak is dead and he will not be responding to your message, obviously. NSS has closed it's doors and left many shoppers (including myself) unpaid.
Irene_L.A. wrote:

Why did Howard pay me, I have nothing to do with NSSN who never have jobs in CA.
How would he know what job I do for NSS, unless he handled things for NSS, I think they have connections.
Confusing yes, we'll never know what goes on behind the scenes, but this is very close, that Howard pays me with a check from NSS.

I am sorry - there is something missing here - how could/would Howard with NSSN pay you for jobs from NSS that you did or did not do. All this sounds just like made up bullmockery to me! It is just causing 'talk'. Such a waste of time & energy - yes I just wasted my time !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2017 05:47PM by PAWTRISHA223.
Oh, only $5. Yeah, you didn't state the amount of the bonus. If the location isn't far and the regular fee is decent, that's not too bad. And, it's a starting point for negotiation. If they offer $5 and you counter with $25 and it's not a far away location, then maybe you could meet at $15. Who knows. I am fairly certain you have nothing to worry about in regards to getting paid by NSSN, though.
@Inside Evaluators wrote:

Since the pinned "Read this first" thread on NSS payment issues has been closed for comment, could an admin please post the most recent info from NSSN to avoid major confusion?

No response from Jacob re this.
Is it possible for a mod to add current, accurate info at the end.
The thread is closed for comments and edits.

Joan Gingras
Senior Project Director~Inside Evaluator Brands/BarStoolie
joan@barstoolie.com
joan@insideevaluators.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login