NSS...Out of business, Owner died/ For recapped short version see pinned thread on page 1 by LisaSTL

Thanks Irene_L.A.

plmcutt-- Besides having similar names, what makes you think there is any connection between NSS and NSSN?

Is it that the check was mailed from Colorado?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 12:57AM by cammikun.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

Are people not paying attention to the correct company in this thread? C'mon folks, really? Its misleading!
Are there two different companies with virtually the same name?

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
@LisaSTL wrote:

Are there two different companies with virtually the same name?

yes
National Shopping Service and National Shopping Service Network, LLC (which is in Colorado) with Howard Troxel as its president

Joan Gingras
Senior Project Director~Inside Evaluator Brands/BarStoolie
joan@barstoolie.com
joan@insideevaluators.com
Different companies. Irene, did you get paid by NSSN or NSS? Are you signed up with both companies?
I sense my hopes are about to get dashed....but a really good question!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 02:12AM by cammikun.
Can you tell I haven't worked with either of them? I registered with NSS and deactivated myself within a month or two, it was easy to assume they were one and the same. How confusing.

Equal rights for others does not mean fewer rights for you. It's not pie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and it really annoys the pig.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Different companies. Irene, did you get paid by NSSN or NSS? Are you signed up with both companies?[
This thread is about NSS and has nothing to do with their sister company NSSN. NSS paid me for my May jobs.. I found the info. interesting, as I didn't know they also owned NSSN. I've never worked for NSSN/quote]

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping....


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 02:41AM by Irene_L.A..
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Sweetie, no offense, but are you sure the two companies are related?
I read the article posted here and it said NSS owns NSSN as they wanted to go International. ...you came late to the party, people are asking me if I worked for them, so, many read that article, and no, I have never worked for them (NSSN). try and find it the article "Sweetie".

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping....
Still no check for me as of yesterday. I will be contacting the pizza place HQ on monday to see if they have heard anything else. Has anyone received payment for pizza shops? I did other shops for NSS... but that was years and years ago. I have only done pizza for the last 40 months. and yes I need my checks. Its only 700 but i do this to make ends meet. Not to have pocket money.
Irene, I am not late to any party. I have been posting in this thread and following since page 2. You are mistaken. NSSN and NSS are not related and there is no such "article" stating so..
88th
@plmccut wrote:

Look what I found when I searched Howard Troxel, Colorado - the heading was "National Shoppng Service Network" and this blurb was below that:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Credentials

Jerry Goodwin and Howard Troxel founded J&K Shopping Service as a Colorado-based regional mystery shopping company in 1986. In 1990 they founded the National Shopping Service Network, LLC (NSSN) in order to spread their mystery shopping business to a national/international level. Both companies provide multi-industry mystery shopping, as well as customer service and integrity audits. NSSN handles all of the surveys and merchandising.

The founders have extensive experience in customer service, customer satisfaction measurement, consumer data gathering, integrity evaluations, hospitality industries, business consulting, education, new business development, program implementation and community service.


More About The Founders

For more information, please contact us.

Copyright © 2014
National Shopping Service Network, LLC
Email: CustomerService@MysteryShopper.net

Completely different company. NSSN is NOT related to NSS.
@poetgy wrote:

Still no check for me as of yesterday. I will be contacting the pizza place HQ on monday to see if they have heard anything else. Has anyone received payment for pizza shops? I did other shops for NSS... but that was years and years ago. I have only done pizza for the last 40 months. and yes I need my checks. Its only 700 but i do this to make ends meet. Not to have pocket money.

Don't waste your time. NSS's client has nothing to do with this.
Shoppers will be paid when and if whoever is handling NSS's legal affairs delves into the company's records.

Joan Gingras
Senior Project Director~Inside Evaluator Brands/BarStoolie
joan@barstoolie.com
joan@insideevaluators.com


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 03:38AM by Inside Evaluators.
Folks - I did not post the blurb from NSSN's website because I "know" that the two companies are related. I simply took Irene's statement that the check came from Colorado and was signed by Howard Troxel. Howard Troxel is not a name like John Smith so I did a search for Howard Troxel in Colorado and the NSSN site came up. I was curious if Irene was getting paid for the pizza shops or some other shop. There can be all kinds of speculation about this. For instance, maybe NSSN is going to take over the restaurant contract that Irene did, or maybe they are going to buy NSS' database, or . . . whatever! I just thought it was interesting. And, I am signed up with both NSS and NSSN. In the early days, I did think they were one and the same and finally realized they were two different companies owned by two different parties. I never did any work for NSSN because they have not had any work in my area.
@plmccut wrote:

Folks - I did not post the blurb from NSSN's website because I "know" that the two companies are related. I simply took Irene's statement that the check came from Colorado and was signed by Howard Troxel. Howard Troxel is not a name like John Smith so I did a search for Howard Troxel in Colorado and the NSSN site came up. I was curious if Irene was getting paid for the pizza shops or some other shop. There can be all kinds of speculation about this. For instance, maybe NSSN is going to take over the restaurant contract that Irene did, or maybe they are going to buy NSS' database, or . . . whatever! I just thought it was interesting. And, I am signed up with both NSS and NSSN. In the early days, I did think they were one and the same and finally realized they were two different companies owned by two different parties. I never did any work for NSSN because they have not had any work in my area.
Isn't Howard Troxel President of NSS...I read that but this has become so confusing. I never worked for NSSN, the only thing that ties us is the check came from him in Colorado, but said NSS...we need to forget about NSSN and get back to original thread and being concerned that all parties get paid for work done for NSS regardless of who signs the check. Matt and Howard worked together, that's the connection.

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping....
Where did you get the info that Matt and Howard worked together? I reread every post in this thread tonight and no one posted that.
@Irene_L.A. wrote:

@JASFLALMT wrote:

Sweetie, no offense, but are you sure the two companies are related?
I read the article posted here and it said NSS owns NSSN as they wanted to go International. ...you came late to the party, people are asking me if I worked for them, so, many read that article, and no, I have never worked for them (NSSN). try and find it the article "Sweetie".

Off the subject, but something I have to say because I think it compares. A few months ago there was a discussion of what "bless your heart" means. Being from the South, I was surprised to hear that the phrase was typically used as a Southern put-down phrase, and many were offended by it. Maybe it's a generational thing or a Southern thing, but calling someone "sweetie" has always been considered an offensive and sarcastic put-down in my neighborhood. I think of it in the way that many posters here seem to think of "bless your heart." Maybe we can retire both "bless your heart" and "sweetie" from the forum.
Hmm, how weird. In my neck of the woods, calling someone an arse, idiot, moron, etc. is a putdown, but sweetie, honey, sugar, etc. is not a put down. Where I live those things are words of endearment, and given that I was not trying to be offensive (and even used the words, "no offense"winking smiley, "sweetie" should not be taken as an offensive or sarcastic putdown. I do know that people in here tend to get offended by cupcake and snowflake, but sweetie? C'mon.
I'm male and a native Californian. Sorry, but as soon as I saw 'sweetie,' I saw it as meaning 'There there little one, you're a little young to be playing with the adults.' It certainly didn't con notate images of endearment, but rather images of patronizing.
I'm female and I don't live in California, I am from Florida. And I am of an older generation where we don't assume others are condescending and patronizing by using terms like sweetie or hon.
@JASFLALMT wrote:

Hmm, how weird. In my neck of the woods, calling someone an arse, idiot, moron, etc. is a putdown, but sweetie, honey, sugar, etc. is not a put down. Where I live those things are words of endearment, and given that I was not trying to be offensive (and even used the words, "no offense"winking smiley, "sweetie" should not be taken as an offensive or sarcastic putdown. I do know that people in here tend to get offended by cupcake and snowflake, but sweetie? C'mon.

Well, bless your heart, sweetie, I agree, but not everybody does. If I can accept what you think of "bless your heart," why would my taking offense to "sweetie" be a shocker to you? As for including "no offense" with "sweetie," I think that magnifies the offensiveness because it seems sarcastic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 10:29PM by roflwofl.
It's not a good idea to assume that about me since you don't know me. I get that you don't like the word sweetie and I won't address you as such, then. I didn't call you sweetie so I am not sure why you are offended.
@SoCalMama wrote:

I'm pretty sure that NSSN (Howard) has nothing to do with NSS (Matt).
Why did Howard pay me, I have nothing to do with NSSN who never have jobs in CA.
How would he know what job I do for NSS, unless he handled things for NSS, I think they have connections.
Confusing yes, we'll never know what goes on behind the scenes, but this is very close, that Howard pays me with a check from NSS. I seem to be the only shopper never having done the pizza jobs, so the delay or problem must be somewhere in the pizza jobs. I really thought after I got paid, everyone else would as well. They never owed me a penny and my check was for my May jobs. The air will clear in time, it's still new.

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping....


Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 11:09PM by Irene_L.A..
@JASFLALMT wrote:

And Irene is 80, she certainly understood what I meant.
Hey, i'm not 80 yet, and no, I felt it a putdown, patronizing and really, no one here uses that term,so really,
don't understand it in the least. I said it back to you in jest, but didn't feel it a term of endearment.

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping....


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 11:06PM by Irene_L.A..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login