FIVE GUYS IS BACK!!

Yes, I’m only getting these offered in phone calls, or emails, or at bottom pricing briefly on board.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

@ChicagoShopper wrote:

All the five guys seem to have disappeared from my open shop list. Is this happening to anyone else?
I'm still seeing them.
I think one was an online bid I then offered via the phone the next day, and another was the reverse. Phone schedulers always let me resend the same bid.


@MisterBill wrote:

@NinS wrote:

Some offers of mine for my usual high fees were rejected on Friday evening but accepted on Saturday morning.
Did you resubmit the same offers? I thought you needed to go $3 less on your rebid?

For the second week in a row, I got my $25 offer accepted on Friday.
They're gonna need to up that reimbursement again! Today I got a little burger, little fry, and regular soda. With tax it was $15.23. I've been ordering hot dogs and BLTs to stay as close to reimbursement as possible, but I've been craving a burger!

Much to my surprise, I got a Samantha offer that was a couple bucks more than I usually do this location for. They have a really hard time filling shops at that one. But I see a lot of them sitting all over my area these days. I think other shoppers must be holding out for more $$.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Yep, this $14.20 reimbursement no longer covers my meal. Sigh.... just when they had finally caught up!
I am scheduled for one on Friday via Samantha. There are still a few more for this week, and many for the end of next week which aren't bonused yet.
@ChicagoShopper wrote:

All the five guys seem to have disappeared from my open shop list. Is this happening to anyone else?

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@amyann2 wrote:

Yep, this $14.20 reimbursement no longer covers my meal. Sigh.... just when they had finally caught up!

I know; right?

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
I lucked out today. The fry cooker was being repaired.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
got call from scheduler . She offered me shop for $10 fee. Prior to call I went to website and saw the same shop for $12 and with possibility of negotiation. I asked her why she is offering me shop for less. She said that is the different one. I said I will not do it for reduced fee.

Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania since 2009
@gene wrote:

got call from scheduler . She offered me shop for $10 fee. Prior to call I went to website and saw the same shop for $12 and with possibility of negotiation. I asked her why she is offering me shop for less. She said that is the different one. I said I will not do it for reduced fee.
The only shop they should be offering $10 for a shop when it's already Saturday is a delivery. Anything else should be much higher by now, at least in my area.
no such one was for dine in after 4:15 PM. The same one I saw for $12 +

Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania since 2009
Got a call. I said no. They said tell us when. I said ok x day. They said ok $25. I said, can you do $35? They said last time you did it for less. Lol. Gas is $5 a gal where I am. It's been sitting for weeks. It is not a location near anything. Unfortunately for me, I drive an SUV
I did an online shop at the beginning of December. The shop was approved. Yesterday, QA emailed me with timing questions. I answered the questions and referred them to my original report for precise details.

They responded via email stating to keep a hard copy of the report and notes for 30 days to answer questions.

I get it, but the report was (and still is) approved.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

They responded via email stating to keep a hard copy of the report and notes for 30 days to answer questions.
.

I know with Sassie it asks if you want to save a .pdf of the report when you submit it. How do you get a copy of the Five Guys reports or any reports from that MSC?
In the past two weeks many of my well-established fees have gotten rejected even though the shops are $25 on the board. YMMV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2021 02:58AM by NinS.
@NinS wrote:

In the past two weeks many of my well-established fees have gotten rejected even though the shops are $25 on the board. YMMV
I had a MAO of $25 accepted last Thursday. Then they called me yesterday, offering me $15 for a location that I'd taken a curbside shop on a couple of weeks ago to report as closed because they don't do curbside (and had probably taken at $15 since I had no intention of actually doing it). I had no interest in doing it because I was not going to be nearby, but I asked about my other local spot, which I hadn't been able to take because I could only do it on Tuesday and the dates on the website were only out to Monday. They offered me $25 for that right away, so I took it.

Amazingly, the location today has had the same three light bulbs either burnt out (in one case missing), for several months now. You'd think they could actually fix it. Today I found another one out right above where they assemble the burgers. I wonder if other shoppers are also reporting that they're out.
New data point. Just had a MAO of $28 refused for a shop that must be left over from last week or earlier, since it's a dinner shop with a shake. It's currently listed at $25. I'm at a friend's house nearby and figured I would go, but seeing how I've done lunch there the last two days, I think I will pass. Especially since the location doesn't do shakes. Plus, they have last week's shop still available. You'd think for an extra $3 they would want to get it done. Maybe I'll take the delivery shop, which is also still available.

Update - the cheapest delivery order would be $16 with tax, not worth going a dollar over for the $10 fee.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2021 10:01PM by MisterBill.
My report was approved so there was no avenue for me to download it later.

@wrosie wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

They responded via email stating to keep a hard copy of the report and notes for 30 days to answer questions.
.

I know with Sassie it asks if you want to save a .pdf of the report when you submit it. How do you get a copy of the Five Guys reports or any reports from that MSC?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

My report was approved so there was no avenue for me to download it later.
@wrosie wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

They responded via email stating to keep a hard copy of the report and notes for 30 days to answer questions.
.
I know with Sassie it asks if you want to save a .pdf of the report when you submit it. How do you get a copy of the Five Guys reports or any reports from that MSC?
I'm guessing they expect that shoppers print out the form before doing the shop and fill it out on paper before entering it online. But how many shoppers actually do that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 12:25AM by MisterBill.
My 5 Guys in my town just closed for good. I am going to miss them.

Shopping Arkansas, Louisiana, & Mississippi.
@MisterBill wrote:


I'm guessing they expect that shoppers print out the form before doing the shop and fill it out on paper before entering it online. But how many shoppers actually do that?

When you get to the end of the report and you have the "edit" view on screen, you can save it to your computer as a PDF file. Or capture each page as a screenshot as you input the report. I don't bother doing that, but I do save all my other MSC reports as PDFs. Wish this MSC had a "print" function so it would be easier!

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
@BirdyC wrote:

When you get to the end of the report and you have the "edit" view on screen, you can save it to your computer as a PDF file. Or capture each page as a screenshot as you input the report. I don't bother doing that, but I do save all my other MSC reports as PDFs. Wish this MSC had a "print" function so it would be easier!
I guess if you just print from that edit page and send it to PDF Creator, that would work well. I cannot imagine doing a screenshot of each page, that would be awful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 04:45PM by MisterBill.
@MisterBill wrote:

I cannot imagine doing a screenshot of each page, that would be awful.

Yes, it would be!

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
They are increasing themselves out of the market. $13 for a veggie sandwich, fries and a drink? How long can they sustain that?

@ArkLaMissshopping wrote:

My 5 Guys in my town just closed for good. I am going to miss them.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
This week's shops are up to $25. Amusingly, I had put in a MAO for that amount when it was $20 earlier in the day, and still had not been approved, so I just took it now. Delivery shops for the month are up to $10.

Both are scheduled for all day, but I assume that if I do the in-person shop during the lunch period and the delivery during dinner, I will not have an issue with their rule about not doing more than one shop per meal period per day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2022 04:07AM by MisterBill.
I've been doing alot of these lately. I feel like I'm always putting the same information in each report when there are no problems, which is most of the time in my case. Is this ok, or any other ideas?
Birdy, Mr. Bill: I've had reports rejected for missing milkshakes, type of shop, wrong location...all my fault. I haven't had any rejected for additional information.

It would not be feasible to pdf each report and dig them out a month or so later when the MSC needs clarification once every 7 years. At the end of the day, the report remained approved, so that's even less of an incentive.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
A little burger, little fry, and small drink was over $15 the other day! The prices are getting unrealistic. The MSC is going to have to raise the reimbursement and/or the fee for these--plus be willing to accept high MAOs. I love the food, but it's getting to the point where I won't eat there unless it's for a shop. If the three of us went, it would cost almost $50 for a burger meal. You can go to a "sit-down" restaurant of higher caliber and eat for that, plus you can get a different side, like a salad, for that much.

@HonnyBrown, I never save my Five Guys' reports, but after the thread here, I did save the last one!

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login