FIVE GUYS IS BACK!!

I MAO for $25 at a hard to fill location. It's on the board for $18 and Samantha is offering $19. We'll see what happens.

ETA: The MAO was approved for $25.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2022 09:36PM by HonnyBrown.

Create an Account or Log In

Membership is free. Simply choose your username, type in your email address, and choose a password. You immediately get full access to the forum.

Already a member? Log In.

This MCS continues to baffle me. If I shop a location I won't see it available again for another 4-6 weeks at least. From what I read on the board that doesn't sound like normal rotation. I have contacted the MSC and they insist there's nothing unusual.
Yesterday morning I sent in a MAO for 20$ for a location that was had a shopper fee of 15$. I was going to be in the area during lunch and this location tends to sit. No response at all. While I'm out and about I receive a Samantha email offering the location for 22$, but with available dates starting the following day. I had literally offered to get the shop done the same day, for less money and they never responded.
@Susan L. wrote:

$17.60 yesterday for a little cheeseburger, little fries, and the smallest drink. They should negotiate a contract that covers the full cost reimbursement instead of a set fee.
Has anyone notice that their location(s) have started using smaller sized cups for the fries, e.g. from a normal water cup to a Dixie-ish cup? This seems to have changed for the locations near me in the last few weeks. While they still use the same terminology and logic, e.g. one cup and a half scoop of fries for a Little size, the amount of fries is much less (a third to a half less). I asked a manager about it on my last visit and she said it's their new company policy/approach.
@soonerself wrote:

Has anyone notice that their location(s) have started using smaller sized cups for the fries, e.g. from a normal water cup to a Dixie-ish cup? This seems to have changed for the locations near me in the last few weeks. While they still use the same terminology and logic, e.g. one cup and a half scoop of fries for a Little size, the amount of fries is much less (a third to a half less). I asked a manager about it on my last visit and she said it's their new company policy/approach.

Honestly, I'm glad, because I couldn't eat an entire order of fries even at their smallest size and it's so wasteful. But their prices are ridiculous.
Hot dog, small fries, small drink = $13.59 today plus $0.90 NJ sales tax = $14.49. This is one of the more expensive local places, but it is always close in NJ to the $14.20 limit. I like shops in Delaware, The Home of Tax-Free Shopping. A small hamburger, small fries, and LARGE soda were $13.84.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@amyann2 wrote:

@soonerself wrote:

Has anyone notice that their location(s) have started using smaller sized cups for the fries, e.g. from a normal water cup to a Dixie-ish cup? This seems to have changed for the locations near me in the last few weeks. While they still use the same terminology and logic, e.g. one cup and a half scoop of fries for a Little size, the amount of fries is much less (a third to a half less). I asked a manager about it on my last visit and she said it's their new company policy/approach.

Honestly, I'm glad, because I couldn't eat an entire order of fries even at their smallest size and it's so wasteful. But their prices are ridiculous.
I bring the extra home, they reheat very well. Actually, I generally only eat a few at the restaurant and bring most of them home.

BTW, I have not seen the reduced size cups yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 12:05AM by MisterBill.
I thought that the cups were smaller. All of the locations I visit now line up the cups by size. That makes the small cup look even smaller. I thought that I was wrong, but now I am convinced that I was right. I am not likely to ask about the cup sizes because that would make me stand out and I don't want that.

Bad enough that I had to report In December that one of the locations had forgotten to give me the hamburger patty. Had they forgotten the fried onions, I might not have noticed, but I certainly noticed the lack of meat. They gave me a new sandwich. I reported it.
@soonerself wrote:

Has anyone notice that their location(s) have started using smaller sized cups for the fries, e.g. from a normal water cup to a Dixie-ish cup? This seems to have changed for the locations near me in the last few weeks. While they still use the same terminology and logic, e.g. one cup and a half scoop of fries for a Little size, the amount of fries is much less (a third to a half less). I asked a manager about it on my last visit and she said it's their new company policy/approach.

Shopping Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware above the canal, and southwestern NJ since 2008
@myst4au wrote:

I thought that the cups were smaller. All of the locations I visit now line up the cups by size. That makes the small cup look even smaller. I thought that I was wrong, but now I am convinced that I was right. I am not likely to ask about the cup sizes because that would make me stand out and I don't want that.

Bad enough that I had to report In December that one of the locations had forgotten to give me the hamburger patty. Had they forgotten the fried onions, I might not have noticed, but I certainly noticed the lack of meat. They gave me a new sandwich. I reported it.

To be clear, I'm referring to the fry cups, e.g. the white cups that they stack by the fry warmer and fill with fries in your bag. They used to use the generic white water cups for the fries, but now they use a much smaller generic white cup. They still have the same old water cups too.

Interestingly enough, I had a location forget my hamburger patty in December. On top of that, they added grilled onions, and I hate onions.
I accepted a Samantha offer of $21 for a location that is on the board for $18. Maybe the fees are going up now?

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@soonerself wrote:

Has anyone notice that their location(s) have started using smaller sized cups for the fries, e.g. from a normal water cup to a Dixie-ish cup? This seems to have changed for the locations near me in the last few weeks. While they still use the same terminology and logic, e.g. one cup and a half scoop of fries for a Little size, the amount of fries is much less (a third to a half less). I asked a manager about it on my last visit and she said it's their new company policy/approach.
Same sized cup here, but I've noticed the extra "scoop" is smaller, which is fine with me because I only eat what's in the cup.
That's what I do. I eat an almost full cup of fries.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
@HonnyBrown wrote:

I accepted a Samantha offer of $21 for a location that is on the board for $18. Maybe the fees are going up now?
I got a $21 offer for a location, but checked my old emails and had a $23 offer a couple of weeks ago.
@KokoBWare wrote:

Same sized cup here, but I've noticed the extra "scoop" is smaller, which is fine with me because I only eat what's in the cup.
I think the amount of extra fries is random, although it obviously shouldn't actually be. I did a delivery shop this past week and ordered a regular size Cajun fries, and I swear that I had double the amount in the bag that was in the cup. Worked out well, since we were at my daughter's house and between her, my wife and me, we ate most of them (she saved a few for lunch the next day).

The shop guidelines do say that we're only supposed to get 10 extra fries with a little order, so maybe you're getting what is supposed to be normal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 04:28AM by MisterBill.
@soonerself wrote:

To be clear, I'm referring to the fry cups, e.g. the white cups that they stack by the fry warmer and fill with fries in your bag. They used to use the generic white water cups for the fries, but now they use a much smaller generic white cup. They still have the same old water cups too.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that it's not the cup that the fries are served in that is smaller? There is no intermediate cup, there's a scoop and there's a metal tray that they use to measure the extra fries. And doing a Google search, I did not see any discussion of downsizing of fries.
$14.81 for a grilled cheese, fries and drink at the location where I shopped yesterday. I got the veggie bowl, which was $14.08.

It's time for another increase.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 09:30PM by HonnyBrown.
Someone posted a while ago that the guidelines changed to reflect less fries in a Little Fry order. Instead of a half scoop of extra fries, there are 8-10 extra fries.

@MisterBill wrote:

@soonerself wrote:

To be clear, I'm referring to the fry cups, e.g. the white cups that they stack by the fry warmer and fill with fries in your bag. They used to use the generic white water cups for the fries, but now they use a much smaller generic white cup. They still have the same old water cups too.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that it's not the cup that the fries are served in that is smaller? There is no intermediate cup, there's a scoop and there's a metal tray that they use to measure the extra fries. And doing a Google search, I did not see any discussion of downsizing of fries.

"There's so much trouble in this world; surrounded by miracles" - Citizen Cope
I had been waiting for the fee to increase to $18 with 'make an offer' and offering to complete my local locations for $20, the minimum for which I am willing to do my local locations. I require more for the more distant locations, and wait for phone calls to complete those. But this last week, one of my local locations was on the board at $18, with 'make an offer.' I offered $20 it got refused. Then the very next day I got a call asking if I would complete it for $20. I asked for $25 and got it. Now thats just nuts. I only asked for more because they wasted my time. I would have done it for the $20. But now I can ask for $25 for that location which is a win for me and their lose.

Lady Marius
Canadian Mystery Shopper


Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2022 10:41PM by Lady Marius.
There's a town in which there's a 5 Guys shop open and a retail shop for the same MSC. They've both been on the "hot" list for weeks, but the fee has remained at $18, with the MAO offer. I'd love to offer $30 for each, as they're a bit of a distance from me. The MSC would get both shops done, and I'd make out OK. But I don't think I'll even bother because I can't imagine they'd pay that much for either.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Try it! Have you seen the gas prices? They should be paying $50 for shops. Gas prices are increasing every day at unheard of rates.
deleted
Moderator Note:

Post removed because it named MSC and Client in the same post, which is a violation of Forum Guidelines. Please feel correct and repost. Mod

@Morledzep wrote:



Thank you!

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
Moderator Note:

Removed quoted portion of post that was moderated for violation of posting guidelines.

I've gotten $30 and more for the mattress shops. Try the offers. You never know.

*****************************************************************************
The more I learn about people...the more I like my dog..

Mark Twain
@MsJudi wrote:

I've gotten $30 and more for the mattress shops. Try the offers. You never know.
There's a mattress shop on the board for $25 with a MAO logo, so I submitted $35.00. Doubt I'll get it, but with gas prices the way they are now, you never know! I can't just go do a shop in a location where I have nothing else going on now, unless the price is worth it.

ETA: Nope, I didn't get it....still on the board this morning (3/9) for $25.00.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2022 05:02PM by guysmom.
I never used to get the Samantha e-mails but I am now. What I don't understand is they are for the same amount as what is on the board and the daily e-mails that are sent out. What's the purpose.

I've also noticed, I haven't gotten any calls from them in about two weeks. They have refused my MAO for the same amount I've gotten in the past and the callers won't go that high.
You are entitled to get what you want. So, ASK for what you want. Yes/No is all they can say until the next go around. Gas prices are going up every day and sometimes twice in one day. Sustaining to do shops will become arduous. Park your car unless it is needed for something that is beneficial or serving you.
Am I the only one who gets upset when I see that someone has taken a shop when the payment is only at $12 (or worse, $9)? Next week's lunch shop at a location where I always get $25 is already taken, and I'm just back in rotation and would have taken it (for my price, of course). Someone also took my local delivery shop already, but that's my own fault because I did not take it as soon as the price went up to $10.
@MsJudi wrote:

I've gotten $30 and more for the mattress shops. Try the offers. You never know.

They just went up to $25 plus MAO. The Five Guys shop that I was interested in is now gone (only one left in that town is a late-dinner shop, and it's too far away). But there's another mattress shop in a town about 10 miles away. But to do more driving to get there would cost them more! Maybe I'll give it a shot, anyway. If I could find one more shop around there, it would be worth it to do the two mattress shops for $30 each.

I learn something new every day, but not everyday!
I've learned to never trust spell-check or my phone's auto-fill feature.
@BirdyC wrote:

@MsJudi wrote:

I've gotten $30 and more for the mattress shops. Try the offers. You never know.

They just went up to $25 plus MAO. The Five Guys shop that I was interested in is now gone (only one left in that town is a late-dinner shop, and it's too far away). But there's another mattress shop in a town about 10 miles away. But to do more driving to get there would cost them more! Maybe I'll give it a shot, anyway. If I could find one more shop around there, it would be worth it to do the two mattress shops for $30 each.

I haven't seen the mattress shops or the other shops at the exclamation mark store in quite a while near me. Do they rotate when they do them around different states?

Or is there another mattress shop this MSC does?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login